Thread: Make fixed Background

Default Make fixed Background

I use Premiere pro 2. i would like to try to make a fixed backgroundpicture/movie. Like they for example do in the tv-channel news. a person is sitting in the foreground reading news, but with a fixed picture/movie sceene in the background? how can i do it?

anyone with a good tutorial or explanation for this?

t

What I would do is put your video with the person on track one and the video you want in the corner on track two. then in the Effect Controls you can scale down the video on track two and reposition it where you want it.

This is a simple green/blue screen key out. Film yourself infron of a gree/blue screen and then use the keying out filter to get rid of the colored screen. The put this ontop of your picture background and you have what you want
    DUDE were's my car
    www.myspace.com/cheapdirt07

but how do you get rid of the blue or green screen behind you? i actually think its a great idea...
    tarjei

Quote Originally Posted by skarlun View Post
    but how do you get rid of the blue or green screen behind you? i actually think its a great idea...
    tarjei
    Look especially hard at the Blue/Green screen effects in Premiere Pro

They should work although I don't personally rate them. You might actually do better wiht some of the other keying 'effects' in there tbh. I use a different app to do my green screening.

I'm just trying to find the best way to do it. if there's another place or app to do it in, i am interested in this to.

but since i'm a completly newbie to this, how do i do it point for point?
    by a blue/green screen to set behind myself. then i film it and then i use the green og blue keying? and put myself on top of the video i want as a background?
    tarjei

ok here you go.

Film yourself infront of a blue/green screen. Check out on this website for this technic, as it is a bit of an art to get it right.
    Load the footage into your computer, go to effect "Keying" i think. depending on what version you have it will have various options there. I personally go for RGB key. This allows you to choose a colour with the dropper tool then you can adjust the threshold of the chosen colour so that the screen is gone and your subject remains.
    A few key things to remember when using this is if your using a blue screen, don't wear a blue shirt. Try to have your subject forward of the screen and try to get the screen slightly out of focus. Make sure your screen is lite well.
    Everything else is trial and error, don't expect perfection first time

Simon
    DUDE were's my car
    www.myspace.com/cheapdirt07

Yep, that's exacvtly how to do it. However, if you have access then the keying effects in After Effects pro version are vastly superior as the Pro version comes wiht the Keylight plugin which is academy award winning software - according to the manual.

Also, if you choose to get After Effects Pro check out Creative Cow Media Pros Community they have a podcast called "Super Tight Junk Mattes" that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by helmy View Post
    Also, if you choose to get After Effects Pro check out Creative Cow Media Pros Community they have a podcast called "Super Tight Junk Mattes" that should help.
    Also, from memory, Andrew Kramer has a good video tutorial over at videocopilot.net that will show you how to drive Keylight and what it is capable of.