Thread: need help in making video DVD

Arrow need help in making video DVD

Hello friends ... i need your help ... i want to make a video dvd which i can play in my dvd player which is attached with my TV. I have some .mpeg-2 and .dat files in my hard disk. i want to write those files on DVD so dat i can watch it on my TV. I have dvd writer in my pc. Problem is this i had write a dvd but it is giving me error whenever i put it in dvd player. so kindly help me. waiting for your quick response.

You need DVD authoring software.

Nero and Adobe Encore are good examples.

More info:

http://www.videohelp.com/author

i have nero burner software and i have tried to make dvd but it is giving me error msg. whenever i insert my dvd in dvd player it shows an error msg that there is an error in disc. but it is working perfect in dvd rom. i have made video dvd. kindly guide me may be i am missing some necessary file. i just have blank dvd or some mpeg-2 files and some .dat files. is there need to copy some other necessary file ??

Making a DVD that will play in a standalone player usually involves more than just burning/copying individual files. They are not usually done in the same way that you would burn data files to a CD-R or DVD-R, for example.

DVD authoring software usually takes raw video files and authors them onto DVD-R's along with other important files that are critical to the DVD architecture.

Often, DVD authoring software will perform the necessary conversion of the video files into the MPG2 format that DVD's use. They are incorporated into the DVD file structure in the form of VOB files.

Only more recent versions of Nero include a DVD authoring element - mine's called Nero Vision.

thank u very much for ur reply bert. kindly guide me lilbit more. i have DVD+R 16x. is it necessary to write on DVD-R ???? or DVD+R can also work ???

Use only DVD+R

thank u very much for your reply. is it necessary to change *.dat file into *.mpeg-2 file ?? or *.dat file can write on dvd which i can play on stand alone DVD player ???
    Or kindly tell me ... i have installed adobe encore dvd 2.0 ... but i dont know what to do next ... how to write dvd using adobe encore. whenever i start adobe encore it is giving me msg about some project ... want to start new project ... existing project or exit or one more option ... kindly tell me how to make video dvd using adobe encore for my standalone dvd player.
    What i have to do after clicking on build DVD ?? i want to copy a whole DVD which is already playing on standalone DVD player. And in second DVD i want to copy some files from my hard disk.
    kindly help me bert ... i'll be very thankful to u.
    Thank u very much once again for your reply and giving me your precious time.
    Last edited by zeeshanm; 03-15-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Here is a tutorial on how to use Encore

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotut...rttofinish.htm

thank u very much for ur help bert. i am littlebit confused. why the trainer has used adobe premier first. he opens some movies in adobe premier and then save them and then he uses adobe encore.
    Second ... i am trying to import .dat file in adobe encore and in start i am selecting .ntsc project ... but whenever i try to open .dat in adobe encore. it is giving me error that movie resolution must be 720 x 480 .. how can i change movie resolution ???

You can try the software DVD Slideshow Builder which is very popular now, many friends and I like it very much. It's very easy to create a customized DVD with photos and videos, and we can add music, transitions, and motion effects and make beautiful DVD menus. Also, we can create .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .3gp slideshows for our iPod, Zune and 3GP Cell Phones, Youtube .etc.

You can download it free here
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slid...lder.php?sid=8
    A specific tutorial which guides you use it step by step is here
    View topic - How to create Christmas DVD slideshows from photo&video?:: SlideShow Software: DVD Slide Show, Flash Slide Show, Photo Slide Show
    some useful discussions about video and dvd conversion
    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/index.php