Thread: Buying: Advice needed

Default Buying: Advice needed

I am 16 and in college and I really need to get myself a Camcorder as I am looking to take a career in the area of recording/editing videos.

Being at only 16 and in full time education I don't have much money to spend, I am looking to spend around 250 on a camera which should have decent quality and quick and simple to use.

I have an eye out for this camera at the moment but I am not sure if its worth its cost or whether there is a better camera at a better price. http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/stor...&category_oid=

Hope you could help - Royale
    Last edited by Royale; 03-13-2007 at 07:01 PM.

For that budget the camera will do fine, I have a hc34 (Not sure of they still sell that one) but it has dv-in and out, something which the hc37 doesn't have which I found strange. This option allows to to write edited footage from your editing program back to your cameras dvtape which is a benefit if you want to back up in the highest quality possible.
    You have to consider that his camera doesn't have much manual control and much goes through the lcd flipout which isn't allways easy to deal with.
    But then again, it's not with what equipment you make films, it's how you film, what message you put in it and how you edit it. Give this camera to David Lynch and I'm sure it will reach the cinema. (His last project was done with Sony pd150 camera's)

Quote Originally Posted by noa View Post
    For that budget the camera will do fine, I have a hc34 (Not sure of they still sell that one) but it has dv-in and out, something which the hc37 doesn't have which I found strange. This option allows to to write edited footage from your editing program back to your cameras dvtape which is a benefit if you want to back up in the highest quality possible.
    You have to consider that his camera doesn't have much manual control and much goes through the lcd flipout which isn't allways easy to deal with.
    But then again, it's not with what equipment you make films, it's how you film, what message you put in it and how you edit it. Give this camera to David Lynch and I'm sure it will reach the cinema. (His last project was done with Sony pd150 camera's)
    Heh thanks for that,
    I live in London and I have been asked to do a few recordings down at central London so I don't want a massive camera when it will only probably be a 2 man team.

Don't forget to put a small budget aside as wel for a tripod, cameras this size are difficult to keep steady.

Quote Originally Posted by noa View Post
    Don't forget to put a small budget aside as wel for a tripod, cameras this size are difficult to keep steady.
    Yeah, once I get a camera my parents said that they would buy me the Tripod, Boompole and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale View Post
    Yeah, once I get a camera my parents said that they would buy me the Tripod, Boompole and stuff.
    Wish I had parents like that