Thread: Video problem in Vegas 7.0

Default Video problem in Vegas 7.0

I've been searching for the answer to this problem for a little while.

When I import media, there is no preview available. I only hear the audio, no video. I place the media onto the event bar, only audio and no video.

I've checked my computer's event manager and this is what I found:

The description for Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$SONY_MEDIAMGR ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: (SpnRegister) : Error 1355.
    At this point, I went to the Sony Media Software Support page, but I have yet to find an answer.

Baltimore MD

Oh my god... I remember having this EXACT same problem that pissed me off to no end. I FINALLY figured it out. If I am understanding you correctly, Make sure you have the latest .NET Framework from installed. When it happened to me, Media Manager wouldn't work, and when I tried to drag a clip to the timeline, it would just show my cursor as a circle with a line through it. Just give that a try I'm sorry if I missunderstood you and got your hopes up (if it doesn't work, that is.) Good luck!

Yeah, it really pissed me off. I had the .Net framework installed, but Media Manager worked. Finally, I did some random searching and found the answer to my problems!

I was using the XviD codec instead of the DivX. I had to download the DivX codec then change the codecs of all of my videos from XviD to DivX. It works now