Thread: Adobe Encore DVD Pal to NTSC

Default Adobe Encore DVD Pal to NTSC

I'm wondering is this possible at all....I've created a project, shot in PAL and subsequently authored it and burned to a "multi region" PAL DVD....I've been asked by someone going to the states if its possible to have it made into a DVD that will play in their home system....I know the multi region thig doesn't really apply....but is there anyway I can convert this to NTSC....I can't really shoot the footage again so I was wondering if there is a workaround...

Here's hoping

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

Most modern DVD players will convert PAL video to NTSC at playback time. You may not need to do anything more.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

cheers crusty....I thought I might have to convert all my PAL avi files to NTSC and then build the project again in encore.

Torby

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Most modern DVD players will convert PAL video to NTSC at playback time. You may not need to do anything more.
    This is true for European players but not so for US players. While Manufacturers are now producing them its the TV's that wont play the signal properly.

You're best bet is to convert the MPEGS to NTSC then copy your encore project, open the copy up and convert it to an NTSC project and swap all the files from the PAL mpegs to the ntsc ones.

I did a large project last year for a client who wanted an NTSC copy for their Japanese fans. We had to encode all the videos into NTSC to do it properly.

It sucks but its the only way to be sure it will work.

Thanks for that info Irish mark....what way did you convert the AVI files, reason I ask , is theres a lot of software out there that will "allegedly"....lol....do the job....lol....but best get the answer first hand from someone like yourself who has actually done it....not just talked about it....that way I can hopefully get it right first time.

Thanks to everyone so far.....feel a long session coming up once I get the instructions....

Cheers everyone....and happy St Patricks day (March 17th) coming soon to a place near you!

I encoded them out of my edit software. - Its a longer process but its needed to assure u have no unecessary quality loss. The project i did was a 2hour gig which took 23 hours to encode to NTSC MPEG and a further 24 to encode to PAL. The original footage was NTSC and there was a huge amount of colour correction and treatment.

Blimey!!!! Am I right in thinking this was the process:

shot in NTSC

NTSC footage used to build the NTSC project DVD

changed to Pal for your DVD project....then reconverted to NTSC to send to Japan?

its just you've confused me a wee bit ...easily done....lol...you said

"I did a large project last year for a client who wanted an NTSC copy for their Japanese fans. We had to encode all the videos into NTSC to do it properly."

I though you, like me had shot the original footage in PAL? or was it NTSC, converted to Pal, then converted back for this "one off" DVD?

see I said I was easily confused

Cheers