Thread: Insertin image/imposing?

Default Insertin image/imposing?

I'm not entirly sure of the correct terminology here but I want to insert a 'Fairy' into my daughters video.
    I've been using Adobe imageready cs2 but can't find anything there to do it?

I'm a bit of a newbie with Adobe so I could have overlooked something obvious. Just point me in the right direction or recommend another software and i'll be happy

thanks
    katy

never used Imageready but doesn't it come with Photoshop? Used for still images I believe.

For placing an image over the top of some video you ideally need a compositting tool or a video editor. Adobe-wise aim for somethign like ADobe Premiere elements or, if it;s a one off, then just downlaod the 30 day trial of Premiere Pro and use that

Video editors allow you to layer video and images together - much like you may have already seen in Photoshop.

Place your video on the bottom layer and then import a still of a fairy (with alpha channel background) onto the second layer and change it;s position over time to animate it.

Ask again if you need more.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Mills; 03-13-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Ya, imageready came with photoshop. it was mainly made for making photos more suitable for the internet. i don't think anyone really used it b/c they aren't going to ship it in CS3.