Thread: which software for an automatic random video montage generation ?

Cool which software for an automatic random video montage generation ?

I have a quick question:

I have hundreds of short video clips (1 minute or shorter each) on my hard drive...
    and I wanted a software that can automatically take multiple random video clips and create an hour long video of an animated split-screen (or multi-screen) video montage that looks professional.
    So, something that would show multiple videos simultaneously with professional looking transitions, and special effects.
    I would like this software to be able to launch automatically from a batch command.

Can someone please suggest the best software to create this system which can be run automatically from batch commands.

Thank you,
    - Defcon

Check out "muvee" for this, see below link

http://www.muvee.com/en/
    Last edited by noa; 03-12-2007 at 09:09 AM.

Default Swamp desktop search gives you random videos

Hi
    My Open Source search does exactly what you want. I can point it at a directory or drive and have it prepare a list of all mpg on that device. I can then set it to randomly pick a video then a random start point in that video. Then play it for a few seconds, freeze on the final frame for a few more secs. Then on to the next.

You can manually arrange the videos. Determine the video, the start point, the length of play, speed and if a freeze frame on the last is to happen. I often start a 1/2 second into videos that have a jiggle at the start due to hitting the record button. (same of the end of clip) Just don't play the last bit.

Video needs random. Otherwise you forget some of your best captures.

Cheers
    Shoot shoot and shoot video.
    Is it uncut nature video or a fabrication? To edit or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by defcon5 View Post
    software that can automatically take multiple random video clips and create an hour long video of an animated split-screen (or multi-screen) video montage that looks professional.
    There may well be softare that can do the first part of this, but as far as making it look professional goes forget it.

If a montage is professional looking it is becuase the videos have been professionally shot in the first place and then edits carefully selected by an editor and director to go together in a certain sequence/ certain juxtaposition.
    Tim