Thread: Text image clarity for movie titles etc. ?

Default Text image clarity for movie titles etc. ?

Hi. I've just started tutoring myself using Windows Movie Maker 2.0.
    I'm finding that for some reason the clarity of the text image for text movie opening titles etc is looking very poor. The letters look rather blurred and rough. In some cases I am experimenting by importing text from photoshop as Jpegs - not correct to do ? Even when I use the title creation facility in Movie Maker it looks a bit rough !
    Might anyone have some suggestions on how I can create crisp image text intro titles for my movies using Windows Movie Maker 2 ?
    I seem to be making a bit of progress with text animation etc by importing photoshop text graphics into Movie maker and then using transitions and effects.

cheers Musivideo

Blog Entries

I dont use m maker but have you checked if it has a text generator ?

Importing jpegs will not give good results, the edges tend to look rubbish. Try png or bmp.

Also, many codecs have some problems with titles. Problems can be reduced by avoiding high contrast vertical edges (certainly the case with renering to dv). Avoid using full white on black or the other way round, use serif typefaces, apply very slight blur to the text to soften the edges slightly.

Thanks Mark W.
    Agreed , MovieMaker 2.0 'aint what you'd really call a very good video edit program.
    I'm not sure if it has a text generator ( doubt it ) but I'll try to find out.
    I don't think there's much I can do.
    When I tried to use a bitmap instead of a Jpeg my PC went bonkers : " the program is not responding , end now or else " dialogue box came up which I dread. I tried fiddling about with different things but the quality just doesn't seem to be quite there no matter what I do.
    Maybe there might be some freely downloadable text animate full version software that might do a better job ?
    Anyway thanks for your help. ...I persist.

cheers, MusiVideo.