Thread: Chroma Key in Vegas 7

Default Chroma Key in Vegas 7

Hello i am new to sony vegas and i need to add a croma key effect to a video i recorded. i have the vid on my pc and its good quality, but i viewed many walkthroughs and alls it says is to make another track with what i want and then add the effect to the first track with the specific color for chroma key. i do that and nothing happens. can anyone get me some help please. this is for a school project and its due monday. i have done this before but it wont work now.aghhh!

Hi,

This is how you would do it if you had recorded yourself on a green background.

Place your video with you and the green background on the first track, then your background that you want to show behind you on the second track.

Go to Video FX and select Chroma Keyer and on the right panel select the Green Screen Pre Set and drag the effect to the top track (the one with you on). From here you can alter the threshold etc for a better match, you could also use the eye drop by selecting it and moving your curser on to the track itself.

Do this with which ever colour background colour you have used, and it should work fine.

thank you but i got it. i was doing all of that and it still wasnt working. turns out it was the fx bypass because i use dual monitors. thanks all