Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help overlaping videos

Default Help overlaping videos

I kept my camera at one place and recorded me on one side of the room talking to myself, then recorded my self at the other side of the room replying, how would i put these two clips together so it looked like there was two of me, thanks!

Default didn't help

i tried it but it didn't help for shit! sry but it didn't explain anything.

Hi,

Use the Pan/Crop tool.

Place the two videos on separate tracks, one above the other. Select the Pan/Crop tool on the top track making sure the "Source" settings are both set to no (see image). Now drag the image to remove the empty part of the room.

Repeat this on the second track, you can make sure the alignment is correct by looking at it in the Preview Window.

This should work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

if you want people to hold your hand or do it for you please say so, some of us are resourceful and can adapt what we see to what we want it is called expericece & resourcfullness, you wont get that if things are handed on a plate.

A better reply would have been,

Thanks it was very interesting but I could not figure out how to achieve what I want to do can you explain further please
    Last edited by Z Cheema; 03-12-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Ummm... excuse me smartass but I said sorry, and for you're information I am pretty dang resourceful with vegas, check out this video I made before I had even read a tutorial:http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=47615
    And I am pretty good with computers, try coding a half life 2 level good, and making a beautiful website with notepad good, I am not trying to brag but jesus christ man, Just stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by gord View Post
    Hi,

Use the Pan/Crop tool.

Place the two videos on separate tracks, one above the other. Select the Pan/Crop tool on the top track making sure the "Source" settings are both set to no (see image). Now drag the image to remove the empty part of the room.

Repeat this on the second track, you can make sure the alignment is correct by looking at it in the Preview Window.

This should work.
    THANKS A LOT! YOU HELPED ME SO MUCH!But what exactly did you mean by"drag the image to remove empty part of room" thanks, I just am having a hard time under standing, and Z Cheema, I under stand you guys have "expircece" and thank you for sharing it with me.
    Last edited by xlang; 03-14-2007 at 03:12 AM.

One minute smartass next a thank you I am confused now.

Try dragging the clip so the F moves over to the left or right side of the screen so the clips join in the middle.

You could also use the Track PAN/CROP on the left of the video track (by the sliders) that I find more useful when trying to move tracks, also means the track will do the same with all clips.

Hi,

Here's a quick screencast showing what I mean. You'll have to excuse the audio, testing headsets.

http://www.LearningVegas.com/members...asvids/pan.swf

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    One minute smartass next a thank you I am confused now.

Try dragging the clip so the F moves over to the left or right side of the screen so the clips join in the middle.

You could also use the Track PAN/CROP on the left of the video track (by the sliders) that I find more useful when trying to move tracks, also means the track will do the same with all clips.
    when i said thanks i was speaking to gord!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast