Thread: Pinnacle 10 question

Default Pinnacle 10 question

Please exscuse how amateur some of these quesions maybe. I have a DVD recorder to record programs off of my TV. What I want to do is take the programs I have recorded onto DVD-R's. Put them onto my harddrive edit out the commercials. Then reburn them onto DVD or store on my harddrive. Now I have Pinnacle Studio 10 Plus. Will this program be able too acomplish this? I have tried a few times to but it wants me too specify a capture device. Also I just upgraded to Windows Media Player 11,and when I try to play these DVD's I get no audio?

Yes Pinnacle can do this (If the buggy software dose not crash) You will need a capture card like the ATI ALL IN WONDER or a breakout box like the DAZZLE.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Theres no way I can just rip the files off the DVD's? I would like to keep from copying again. As it would be a second generation copy. The dvd's aren't copyright protected. There just ripped from the tv using a DVD recorder that records to discs. I thought maybe I could rip them as mpg2 and then edit then reburn? once again I'm a novice so forgive me.