Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A PC for video editing and building photographic slide shows.

1. Default A PC for video editing and building photographic slide shows.

I think that my current computer is not really up to video editing not just because of the demand that is put on it but because of all the other applications that I have. Surfing the web I have come across a couple of sugestions:
    1. A Novatech Isys Pro 6300.
    2. A Novatech NForcer 420.
    I have two questions:
    1. Does anyone have a view on these?
    2. I think that I read that if one restricts a PC to just video work it does not require an oporating system. Is that correct?

Can you put a link to the specifications of both pc's, the name alone doesn't say that much
    And every pc needs to have an operating system, regardless if it's used for surfing or editing. Without that nothing will happen if you push the powerbutton.

3. Default

The reason that I am asking such a question is that I am a technical novice and I keyed the names into the web to look at them. I would love to know how to create a link so could someone please tell me how to.

Quote Originally Posted by BML View Post
    The reason that I am asking such a question is that I am a technical novice and I keyed the names into the web to look at them. I would love to know how to create a link so could someone please tell me how to.

The easiest way is to just surf to the website were you see all the specification from the pc and then copy the ulr directly in this window, like this:

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/newrepl...wreply&p=63816

5. Default

Surely there must be some sort of consensus on what off the shelf machines fit the bill for editing video?

If you want it purely for creating stuff a mac is probably the best equiped out of the box, with all the software you'd need for movie editing, dvd authoring and slidshow production. Also they're running an offer on final cut express at the mo, if you wanted more pro level software.

Also they're much less likely to get a virus or spyware, and don't crash anywhere near as much in my experiences.

Like for like they're not expensive either. (as most will have you believe)

7. Default

In the last two days I have contacted Mesh and Dell asking them what PC they would recomend for working with video editing. So far neither have not bothered to reply .
    This afternoon I spent far to long on the Mac web page attempting to find out how one contacts their sales department to ask the same question. In the end the only way in that I could find was trhrough their media department. Who knows but they may deign to reply.
    Its as though none of these major companies are bothered about selling and by the time that they do I will be dead.

Just any basic dual core amd or intel based DELL or an entry Mac will do for your purposes, most new pc's these days are fast enough for dv and even hdv editing.
    Only extra you need to take is a second dedicated harddrive for your footage, so make sure your new pc has possibilities building that in.

took 3 seconds to find this

"You can also order from the Apple Store by calling 0800 039 1010"

10. Default

Two days to find what? As for telephones I have a problem in that I am very hard of hearing and veru often can just not understand. I can hear the sound of the voice but very often can not understand what is being said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast