Thread: Premiere Elements problems

Angry Premiere Elements problems

Hello - I've been here before with AVi's that Premiere Elements 2 doesn't like, but Studio 10 does. Now I'm back with more woe.

I have a Hitachi DZ-MV780E camcorder, and have shot widescreen footage on it. I put the DVD RAM in my Panny DVD recorder and it plays back widescreen on the telly. It says it does true widescreen, and I'm not arguing. I then use the bundled software to copy to MPEG2 and save the files on my PC. Now the fun starts.

Firslty, playing this back through Winamp, powerDVD and windows media player shows the footage squashed horizontally in a 4:3 size window. So these don't think its widescreen.

If I open a new project in PremEl2 - as a widescreen PAL profile - it lets me input video and looks fine. Except, when a DVD is burnt, the file is unwatchable on the TV and using the PC. Imagine a 4:3 window, with the footage lurking behind a mesh. in the window, the 4:3 window is split into four squares, each showing the video ! But the top two have a garish green finish to the mesh, the botton two have columns ruinning up them where the footage is mirrored. It's hard to explain, but it is garbage.

Do the same using Studio 10, and I get 16:9 produced perfectly. Captions are correctly sixed relative to the footage, and the DVD plays fine (ie correct ratio) in the PC in all the above programs. The Panny DVD and telly love it too.

So why is Prem El 2 - which got rave reviews and was meant to be very stable give me nothing but trouble, when Studio 10 takes the same footage and does what it's told ?
    Last edited by andy parr; 03-08-2007 at 09:11 PM.