Thread: Increasing the Dimensions

1. Default Increasing the Dimensions

Hi.

I've been asked to put some video clips onto DVD and make the menu system. I also need to add titles and some minor editing on each clip. Unfortunately all the clikps are only 480 x 360.

When I made the first trial DVD the clips only showed up in the middle of the screen with huge border around them. I need the clips to be 720 x 576.

How can I increase the dimisions of the clips so I can imprt them into Premiere Pro and edit them in full screen?

I'm happy to loss picture quality as they are only training video's.

Leroy

2. Default

I've managed to make the dimensions upto 720 x 576, using winAvi but now I cant import the clips because premiere keeps saying "Unsupported audio rate in file" anybody got any idea's why this is??

Leroy

You could try using Virtualdub. Use the resize filter on the precise bicubic setting.

You should export the avi with a DV AVI compression codec for best results. Look up the Panasonic DV AVI codec on these forums.

Note: The aspect ratios of 480 x 360 and 720 x 576 are not the same - you may get some distortion in the conversion.

You could try using Windows Movie Maker. Simply import the clips into a project. Put them on the timeline. Export the movie as PAL DV AVI file. Burn your DVDs using these DV AVI files. You may get useable results.

I think our posts 'crossed'.

I'd still try the Movie Maker approach - it may result in conforming audio files too.

As your video's are at 480 x 360 you are in trouble. Resizing them will show the poor quality and they will come out pixilated. You are better off leaving them at the size they are.

You could create a wrapper arounf them so that it's not just a black border. For instance make this border mimick your DVD menu.

I had to do this a couple of years ago with a clients DVD. Initially i resized them but it all looked like crap. - creating a wrapper was the best solution.