Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help (HDR-FX1)

Default Need some help (HDR-FX1)

So I recently bough a Sony HDR-FX1 too shoot motocross videos. I love the camera and the quality it gives me, however I have come across some issues that maybe you ugys will know the answers too?....Im using Sony Vegas 6 and when I open my raw footage in the program it has a slight blur to it, so I apply a color corrector too it but that just seems to ruin the aulity of the camera sometime, any ideas? Also should I be putting the video onto my computer in some special way in order to get rid of this?...Another problem is that someitme sthe quality just does not look as good as it should, on cloudy days and stuff....Any help, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!.....Thank you Kyle

What is the spec of the computer you are using? Generally speaking it is better to use a desktop computer rather than a laptop as they are really not built for the demands video capture and editing place on it. Are you using Firewire (hope so!) or USB to transfer your recordings?

Did you spot the split infinitive in that last posting... to boldy go where no man has gone before or should it be to go boldly... hmm now there's a conumdrum?

Blog Entries

Do you think you could just be seeing the interalaced fields? Is it seen on things moving fast in the frame ?

The quality I see on the computer just isn't what I would see if I plugged my camera into the TV and watched it there, granted I know there will be some loss but Im just trying to figure out if maybe Im doing something wrong....I edit motocross so everything I do is at a fast frame rate....Kyle

Blog Entries

Can you post a clip / still?

Here is a still of what Im talking about, the image seems very blurry and kinda scratchy on the edges. I will try to get a clip up soon.....Kyle

Blog Entries

Too small - can you post one at the native res ?

Scatchy edges and statements like 'not as good as when I plug it straight into my TV' do sound like interlacing issues to me.

Remember, that camera is shooting interlaced footage. youare editting and viewing on a non interlaced device (your PC). Once you have built your DVD you will then be watching it on an interlaced device again (your TV) and it'll be just fine.

I have the same camera and Iget results I'm more than happy with. I edit using Adobe s/w though so we have different workflows.

edit: do upload somewhere a full res image though. It is likely obvious then if it is a simple interlacing issue or not.
    Last edited by Alan Mills; 03-12-2007 at 02:10 PM.

Here is a clip of what Im kinda talking about. Although Alan I think you are exactly right because when i put it to DVD and watch on the TV it does look just fine so I never though of that. You may have hit the nail on the head, here is a clip I dont know if this any good or not.

http://www.459productions.com/preview/prob.wmv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast