Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eporting to DVD looks like CRAP ?

Default Eporting to DVD looks like CRAP ?

Ok, here is the scenario.

1. I have a couplde of " DVD`s " to edit .

2. I have to put the edited product back on DVD.

I have edited the video and EVERY TIME I try to encode to DVD the video looks like CRAP ! It's BLURRY, Jittery, SHAKING, edges are Jagged, when looking at a persons eyes it makes you sea sick !!

What are the proper settings in CRAPPY ADOBE to export to DVD> I regret SO much using this supposed PRO app. ( NO VOB IMPORT )

Womble Video BLOWS ADOBE RIGHT OUT OF THE SKY FOR DVD !!! But now I have spent too much time and am commited to finishing in Adobe.

Adobe 5,6,7 ALL SUCKED ! But people kept pushing it. Now version 2 seems ALOT better but we are NOT there yet !

I was editing with the video toaster on an Amiga TWENTY YEARS AGO !!

Our current video apps. should be MUCH better then what they are and NOT worse then a Twenty year video app.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdss View Post
    Womble Video BLOWS ADOBE RIGHT OUT OF THE SKY FOR DVD !!!

Adobe 5,6,7 ALL SUCKED ! But people kept pushing it. Now version 2 seems ALOT better but we are NOT there yet !
    This made me giggle! - Its down to encoding settings. Even the worst applications can render good quality mpeg2 if you have the right settings in place.

Wehn u say it looks like crap what do you mean exactly?

Now that you have " GIGGLED " .......... I thought I was pretty clear in my question. What are proper export settings..........Please DON"T wast bandwith answering a question with another question..........

Its a SAD FACT but ...........YES TWENTY year old technology is BETTER then todays Adobe.
    Last edited by mrdss; 03-06-2007 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdss View Post
    Now that you have " GIGGLED " .......... I thought I was pretty clear in my question. What are proper export settings..........Please DON"T wast bandwith answering a question with another question..........

Its a SAD FACT but ...........YES TWENTY year old technology is BETTER then todays Adobe.
    First off we are here to help you so replying with a sour attitude doesn't really inspire us to continue in trying to help you again.

By asking questions we do so with the intent of clarifying things in order to better answer your questions.

It's unlikely that todays software is worse that that of 20 Years ago. While systems back then were alot simpler the advancments in technologies and software will drastically contradict that. It's far more likely that (and no offense is meant by this) you simply have not become familiar enough with the software you are using.

DVD - DVD edits are a difficult process to master while retaining good quality at the end. MPEG2 is a highly compressed video format which does not take kindly to re-compression/re-encoding. Unless you know how the original DVD was encoded it will be difficult to render it out correctly without a loss of quality.

It's not as simple as asking what are the best encoding settings as DVD's are encoded with diffrent settings. I know my own projects are encoded diffrently each time to get the best results.

It is also possible that the DVD's you are taking your footage from have been poorly encoded resulting in your projects looking like crap. What are the DVD's? Are they professional commercial releases or small production DVD-r's?

One way to find out the encoding settings of each video is to use an application called G-Spot. This analyses the video and tells you the bitrates, frame rates and so on. You can find it here: http://gspot.headbands.com/v26x/quick_start.html

Thank you for the straight forward answers they are GREATLY appreciated. It is a drag to ask a question then wait for an answer only to be told ?????

I appreciate your honesty regarding DVD. Over the years I have noticed there is no straight answer few people know and the ones that do know keep the secret to them selves.

My problem started with a STRAIGHT forward dvd to edit.................

Problem 1. Adobe won't import for direct editing ? Logic would dicate a pro app. would work virtually with anything THUS PRO. When home app.s are doing the jobe there is a problem.

So know that I convert the vob to mpeg Adobe now lets me edit....... with a quality loss ............. THERE SHOULD be no quality loss but render = loss.

This is driving me nuts. I should have STUCK with Mpeg Wizard its does not have all the bells ...... but it GETS THE JOB DONE and with GOOD QUALITY.

Why can I not JUST import and Export THE SAME WAY ????

I don't want to convert I don't want to render I JUST want to import a video file edit it and export it out ................... 3

It seems like some thing SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Simple ............

I'm not sure about this but if you copy a .vob file from your dvd directly to your harddrive and rename the extension to .mpg, shouldn't you be able to import it into premiere for editing?

If you then use a dvd authoring tool like Encore or sony's architect, it should burn back to dvd with maybe another minor compression but qualitywise you shouldn't notice that much difference.

This thread has made me laugh. This guy comes in with serious attitude, when asked to clarify he give even further attitutude. When explained (in good detail) the reason for the clarification he still comes back with more attitude. and didn't even attempt to answer the clarification questions, insisting his unclear description was indeed very clear indeed to everyone who read it. Sounds like my teenage daughter. She's never wrong about anything either! lol

I'll bet if we all offered to re-imburse him 1000 for all his troubles he'd complain it wasn't 1005. No helping this dude methinks.

I can think of a number of situations that might lead to 'crap' video. re-encoding already highly compressed video is very likely and Adobe s/w is not intended for that use because it's the sort of thing only a noob would do so don't even think of expecting to find the functionality in their 'pro' offering. Pros edit original footage not stuff ripped from DVDs.

From the brief hints of describing what this 'crap' video looks like, it could even be a simple misunderstanding of what you looking at but as there's been no clarification it's not likely I can either confirm or deny whether it is or not.

So, speaking personally, can you please rephrase your question along the lines of "my video is displaying these charactreistics and I would rather it does not so what am I doing wrong?" and keep the language appropriate and un-inciteful in the future or just go away.

Like it's already been said, Adobe is for editing original fimmakers capture and isn't intended for editing already highly compressed mpeg2. If you have something on a DVD that you want to mess with in Premiere you probably need to capture it again in a soft format. Maybe you have something in your equipment that does DV in and you can run your DVD through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Interactive View Post
    Like it's already been said, Adobe is for editing original fimmakers capture and isn't intended for editing already highly compressed mpeg2. If you have something on a DVD that you want to mess with in Premiere you probably need to capture it again in a soft format. Maybe you have something in your equipment that does DV in and you can run your DVD through that.

Thats an option I did not think of.

Possibly a future upgrade of a " PRO APP." it will be Pro ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    This thread has made me laugh. This guy comes in with serious attitude, when asked to clarify he give even further attitutude. When explained (in good detail) the reason for the clarification he still comes back with more attitude. and didn't even attempt to answer the clarification questions, insisting his unclear description was indeed very clear indeed to everyone who read it. Sounds like my teenage daughter. She's never wrong about anything either! lol

I'll bet if we all offered to re-imburse him 1000 for all his troubles he'd complain it wasn't 1005. No helping this dude methinks.

I can think of a number of situations that might lead to 'crap' video. re-encoding already highly compressed video is very likely and Adobe s/w is not intended for that use because it's the sort of thing only a noob would do so don't even think of expecting to find the functionality in their 'pro' offering. Pros edit original footage not stuff ripped from DVDs.

From the brief hints of describing what this 'crap' video looks like, it could even be a simple misunderstanding of what you looking at but as there's been no clarification it's not likely I can either confirm or deny whether it is or not.

So, speaking personally, can you please rephrase your question along the lines of "my video is displaying these charactreistics and I would rather it does not so what am I doing wrong?" and keep the language appropriate and un-inciteful in the future or just go away.
    Ok, M.R. 3,000 posts.............. Thats ALOT of freetime............

I found my answer and I'm willing to share it with YOU. But first Mr. 3000 I want to see how much you know since you are SO knowlegable after all with 3000 post you MUST know MANY basic answers. Or do you just post like so many other 3000's out there ?

1.Question I import my vob and it looks fine

2. I edit my video and all is well

3. I can play the video on my " COMPUTER " fine.

4. When I export the video...... it does not look right ??

Now if I had 3000's post I would be able to answer that question. Or at least narrow down things.

Now mr 3000 eat your words !!!

P.S. Thanks for NO help at all as with ALL other too much free time 3000 out there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast