Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD player will not play my movie!!!

Default DVD player will not play my movie!!!

Ok. This is getting really expensive now. Started with Pinnacle studio10, trying to get films recorded on my DV camcorder onto DVD to play in my standalone DVD player. After many wasted DVD's the player will not recognise/read the disc. It buzzes for about 10 secs then ejects the disc.

Read lots of reviews after this from people having similar problems and got the gist that basically Studio 10 is rubbish. So, went and bought Roxio after hearing "good stuff" about it. Went through the motions and............. SAME THING!!!!! Aargh!! Will someone please help me as I am about to put my fist through my monitor!! Followed by exiting the DVD played out the lounge window.

Do you have a dvd camera and does the problem appear when you put that dvd directly in the dvd player? Or does the problem appear after you edited it and burned it to a dvd. It would be helpfull to get more specifications about your camera, used software and dvd player.

Sadly we still have really resched the stage where all brands of DVD media will play in all players.

Check your player's web site and check the compatible brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    Sadly we still have really resched the stage where all brands of DVD media will play in all players.

Check your player's web site and check the compatible brands.
    Some time ago I was at a client who had one of the first philips harddisk recorders. I had some Philips dvd+r's with me which allways play on any type of player but the Philips recorder refused to read my Philips dvd's. Try to figure that out.

Ok my camcorder is a DV tape. I go through the editing process and am then given the option of transfering the movie onto DVD. Have checked to see whether the DVD-R's I am using are compatible with my DVD player and they are (Samsung PLEOMAX DVD-R), my player is a Phillips DVP630.

Have tried having the file as DIVX and MPEG2. I am using the whole process from start to finish as guided by Pinnacle and Roxio. How hard can this be??!! LOL

Guess I'm just a complete idiot!!

Are you putting the raw media on the disc and burning or are you creating an authored Disc?

Quote Originally Posted by irishmark View Post
    Are you putting the raw media on the disc and burning or are you creating an authored Disc?
    yeah, just writing DivX or MPEG2 files onto a DVD-R disk is NOT making a video DVD at all.

Your files need to be 'encoded' into the necessary VOB, IFO ... files before burning using DVD authoring s/w. Are you doing this?

No, not manually. Does Pinnacle or Roxio not do this automatically as part of the process?? If not, then thats my problem. If so, any help on how to do this would be a grate help as I'm new to all this....

Does the movie play in the PC/MAC ok?

And does it play in other DVD players?

No need to play around with Divx or Mpeg2 either. Your DVD authoring software should be perfectly capable of taking your finished DV AVI movie and transcoding/authoring your DVD. (I thought Pinnacle Studio 10 had built in DVD authoring).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast