Thread: Coupla little music clips . . .

Default Coupla little music clips . . .

Just booked these two jazz geezers for a gig at the end of April, I like them , and I thought you might.

Vid is from summer 2005.

http://www.caravanchannel.tv/players07A/fly.html

http://www.caravanchannel.tv/players07A/cafe.html

enjoy!
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Blog Entries

Not bad Chris.

A couple of things I found disconcerting though. In "fly away" the guitar was coming out of the right speaker, keyboards (mainly) from the centre/left. However the guitarist was on the left of the stage, the keyboards on the right. Small point but flipping the stereo image would give more compatability with picture and sound IMNSHO.
    Also (and here's the crunch) why did you record it with daylight? It made the whole thing look a bit "cheap". Jazz, or easy listening just needs a darkened room a couple of backlights and a smoke machine... cooooool!!!

Nicely edited though and the sound wasn't bad either!
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 03-05-2007 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru View Post
    Not bad Chris.

A couple of things I found disconcerting though. In "fly away" the guitar was coming out of the right speaker, keyboards (mainly) from the centre/left. However the guitarist was on the left of the stage, the keyboards on the right. Small point but flipping the stereo image would give more compatability with picture and sound IMNSHO.
    Also (and here's the crunch) why did you record it with daylight? It made the whole thing look a bit "cheap". Jazz, or easy listening just needs a darkened room a couple of backlights and a smoke machine... cooooool!!!

Nicely edited though and the sound wasn't bad either!
    It was the only time we could get the venue!

If the sound wasn't good, I'd never believe in lip-synching to a CD again . . . . The L and R reversal is probably due the fact my speakers are so close together, I can't tell the difference.

PS: what do you make of XDcam, Robin ? Gonna hafta buy a 330 . . .
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Blog Entries

I must confess that I wasn't impressed with XDCam when it first came out but I've played with a 350 and XDCam-HD is a totally different ball game. I liked the camera a lot and, in your position, would seriously consider getting one. Just bear in mind you need a decent lens on it, otherwise the pictures will look a bit soft.
    I've only played with it the once though (we use HDCam for drama and DVCPro100 for docs) so I'm not an expert in any way, but it's a nice bit of kit. I don't know how it would survive the rigours of daily professional use but since you're the only one using it (or people you trust) that shouldn't be a problem.
    I'm quite envious!