Thread: How to show 100 pictures on one frame...

1. Default How to show 100 pictures on one frame...

This seems like a simple question but I can't figure out how to do it. I want to know how to make 100 (or any big number) of little pictures on one screen. They might be flying around... the question is, I know that if I want to make 2, 3, or 4 pictures in split screens, I need (or I THINK I need) 4 video tracks, where I stack the pictures on top of each other, and then I can play around with each ones scale etc...

If I want 30 - 50 - 80... pictures... I would think you would need 80 video tracks...?? I'm sure there's a way to do it other then that, so that's my question.
    I myself use Premiere Pro, but it's a general editing question.

Thanks!

Try watching this tutorial for a way to do this. Don't be put off by the fact that its about Quicktracks - it also shows you how to use a layered photoshop image to 'automate' video tracks to the timeline in Premiere. Well worth watching. I think it will answer your query, at least in part. http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotut...uicktracks.htm

3. Default Re:

Thanks for the link... I knew how to import a sequence from PhotoShop layers, and after watching the clip, I still have my question...

In the Toturial, he uses 23 layers and when he imports it into Premiere, it gives him 23 video tracks!! Now, I have seen things on TV where you see a scene or picture on screen, and then that screen splits into 4 quaters (4 picures) and then each of those split into 4 quaters and so on... until what happens is, the screen is filled with tiny pictures... maybe 100 of them!

Are you saying that to do that, you will have on your Premiere Pro 100 video tracks???

If you want to manipulate those 100 images individually, I can't see any other way around it.

Maybe someone else will come along with an alternative suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by zvi View Post
    This seems like a simple question but I can't figure out how to do it. I want to know how to make 100 (or any big number) of little pictures on one screen. They might be flying around... the question is, I know that if I want to make 2, 3, or 4 pictures in split screens, I need (or I THINK I need) 4 video tracks, where I stack the pictures on top of each other, and then I can play around with each ones scale etc...

If I want 30 - 50 - 80... pictures... I would think you would need 80 video tracks...?? I'm sure there's a way to do it other then that, so that's my question.
    I myself use Premiere Pro, but it's a general editing question.

Thanks!
    I'm not sure how many sequences premiere allowes but a possibility is to make 20 sequences and put 4 photo's per sequence so that they fill out the screen completely, then make one master sequence were you could drag all other sequences into and rescale each sequence and position it in the way you want.
    I just wonder if premiere will be able to pull this off, it means if you scroll the time line premiere has to read from 80 different avi's from your harddisk and there is a big possibility that it will crash doing so. Best option is aftereffects for this kind of hocus pocus.

Quote Originally Posted by bert6280 View Post
    Try watching this tutorial for a way to do this. Don't be put off by the fact that its about Quicktracks - it also shows you how to use a layered photoshop image to 'automate' video tracks to the timeline in Premiere. Well worth watching. I think it will answer your query, at least in part. Adobe Premiere Tutorial - Smartsound Quicktracks

Can this also be done with a PSD file in Premiere Elements?