Thread: Can't Find "Show Video" Option in Title Designer!

Default Can't Find "Show Video" Option in Title Designer!

Hi, I'm using Adobe Premiere 6.0, so it's not the newest, but I've seen in tutorials where they use earlier versions than Premiere Pro, like mine, the title designer thing has options almost all sides of the window popup, like the "show video" option. Mine doesn't. It looks really basic, and this is frustrating because I need to be able to see the video still in the background, but I can't seem to find any way of enabling it in the title window.

Anybody know what's going on here or can guide me through a way to fix it? Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but it seems like such an essential option in the title window which should be clear and easily accessible.

I'm newbie to Premiere, by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by zero_signal View Post
    Hi, I'm using Adobe Premiere 6.0, so it's not the newest, but I've seen in tutorials where they use earlier versions than Premiere Pro, like mine, the title designer thing has options almost all sides of the window popup, like the "show video" option. Mine doesn't. It looks really basic, and this is frustrating because I need to be able to see the video still in the background, but I can't seem to find any way of enabling it in the title window.

Anybody know what's going on here or can guide me through a way to fix it? Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but it seems like such an essential option in the title window which should be clear and easily accessible.

I'm newbie to Premiere, by the way!
    Any chance you could upload (somewhere) a screen shot so we can see what you have available. As you say, it's not the latest version. I do have an old 6.5 book though so I'll flick through it tonight if I remember and see what's what.

one thing that catches me out regularly with this is the when the box is checked to show video it will only ever show the current frame in the timeline so if your current frame is black video you see no change.

Maybe you don't have enough RAM to handle image to show up?!

BUT I suspect that the above metioned (black video showing) is the problem. I use PRO and in pro you can move the timeline bar left or right to select the scene you need to be displayed while you still have the title editor open. Just move it to one side so you can get to the timeline.

(screenshot would be good)