Thread: Adobe Premiere 2.0/ HD Question

Default Adobe Premiere 2.0/ HD Question

im new with this HD format of videos, i have here a couple of tapes shot in HD format, unfortunately i dont have HD capable player, the question is, whenever i capture this video using premiere 2.0, and using a non HD player, will i obtain the HD quality, and the problem is, it doesnt work when i capture this tapes in HD format, SD it works fine
    How far are you willing to walk to get to the promised land?

Quote Originally Posted by mbcureg View Post
    im new with this HD format of videos, i have here a couple of tapes shot in HD format, unfortunately i dont have HD capable player, the question is, whenever i capture this video using premiere 2.0, and using a non HD player, will i obtain the HD quality, and the problem is, it doesnt work when i capture this tapes in HD format, SD it works fine

What exactly is the "it" that is not working here? I shoot in HDV, capture in HDV and edit in HDV and everything I might classify as "it" works fine - to me.

What I suspect we are talking about here is the fact that no matter what format you shoot in you cannot make a DVD to play in a 'normal' set top box that will be anything other than standard def. The format is fixed. So, whether you shoot and edit in HD or not, until high def DVD authoring comes along or Blu-ray authoring comes along then you can not easily delivery your high def movie to anyone.

you can produce a high def AVI or WMv or whatever on you editting box (PC?) and distribute that to anyone who wants it of course but you just can't get HD out of a standard DVD player.

Hope this helps

Alan

thank you so much sir for the enlightenment, i appreciate it.
    How far are you willing to walk to get to the promised land?