Thread: Vegas 6.0 video no-show

Default Vegas 6.0 video no-show

(yes i've searched for this answer on various forums, couldn't find help - going for direct attention)
    Alright, I've been having this problem for a while, and han't really asked for help until now.

I upload a video onto vegas' timeline and it only shows the audio portion. no video.
    I use a Canon PowerShot SD630 Digital Elph, and i think it saves the video to my computer by .avi

I probably have to download some codec or patch or something. I'm not tech-wiz so keep the help simple! thank you soooo much.

I think you are right a codec is probably the answer, can you get the video to play on the PC with some Video player?

Yes, the video will play correctly through any media player, it just doesn't accept the video portion in vegas. What and where should I download this codec?

Not off and, see if the Canon site makes any offers failing that try a program called SUPER C it will convert practically any file to anything.

ok i had this issue when taking video off my compact Pentax optio Digital camera.

Here's what i did.

Use Windows Movie Maker! Odd but it works!

bring the file into Windows Movie maker

render it out at a high rate then bring that file into vegas and it should work no probs!

That's what I have been doing, but the videos seem to lose quality as I render it through two different programs, then onto youtube. (Yes i know youtube is shiity-quality-video-heaven.) At that point they just look ridiculous.

What do I have to do to Vegas to get it to read my videos? Otherwise I'm going to have to get ahold of Adobe Premier. I've heard that program rocks Vegas' socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbav View Post
    I've heard that program rocks Vegas' socks.
    This is entierly untrue! Whoever you heard this from is obviously a Premier user.

Vegas and premier are on a par with eachother. It would be difficult to say which is better than the other becuase their capabilities are so similar.

It really comes down to personal preference.

I use both and have used them to their fullest capabilities but i prefer Vegas and use that most of the time. Again its down to personal choice.

When it comes to quality with your problem - re-encoding will result in quality loss however you can keep it releativley good. When u encode out of WMM make sure you select a higher quality than the porgram itself suggests.

For encoding for you tube see this:
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...ube-vegas.html
    Last edited by irishmark; 02-26-2007 at 11:39 PM.

Vegas is rock solid and crashlesssss

Check your properities and make sure "ignore third partie codecs" is "un-checked"
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction