Thread: Best Camera for me

Default Best Camera for me

Hi I am looking for a camera that would be great to shoot atv/ dirtbike videos with. I want something that will have professional looking quality but around 1000 dollars or under. I got a Hv10 Canon for christmas which I have been hearing I don't ned HD yet. I was looking for something that can shoot slow motion shots well a camera that you can adjust the frames per second on so the slow motion shots will look great. Should I sell my Hv10 and get something else?
    Quad Freestyler

Quote Originally Posted by quadfmxer_145 View Post
    Hi I am looking for a camera that would be great to shoot atv/ dirtbike videos with. I want something that will have professional looking quality but around 1000 dollars or under. I got a Hv10 Canon for christmas which I have been hearing I don't ned HD yet. I was looking for something that can shoot slow motion shots well a camera that you can adjust the frames per second on so the slow motion shots will look great. Should I sell my Hv10 and get something else?
    I don't think you will find a camera below a grand that will shoot slowmo, the Pana hvx200 f.I. has variable framerates you can set to produce nice looking slowmotions but that costs 5times more.
    One option is to use twixtor as plugin for after effects and AE has a build in feature to produce better looking slowmotions as well, only they are very slow in rendering so you need a very fast pc to do the job.
    The output isn't as goodlooking though compared to what the hvx can produce.

Aren't there cameras out there that can't shoot like a 3 second burst that will shoot in a high frame rate. I was thinking the sony consumer model HD camera could.
    Quad Freestyler

Blog Entries

I think one of the sony models cam grab short clips at high speed -have a google
    I think it may be the one that is a bit less than the z1.