Thread: Proficient user of Premiere 6 needs upgrade to HD solution

1. Default Proficient user of Premiere 6 needs upgrade to HD solution

I need to upgrade from Premiere 6.01, which doesn't support HD, to a editing solution that does (my DV camcorder broke so I am replacing with a HDV one). If anyone here was a former user of Premiere 6.01 (and probably 6.5), please enlighten me which premiere product (premiere pro 2 or premiere elements 3) would be an easier transition.

I downloaded the free trial of elements 3. Now I haven't bothered to use a tutorial yet, but I had a hard time finding some of the tools/toolbars that I have grown accumstomed too in version 6. I couldn't even figure out how to drag all video clips to the right, it would only select all video clips in the timeline. In version 6, all the most used editing and selection tools were right beside the timeline.

Is pro anybetter/more similar to the old premiere setup? Or is it completely reworked too.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Unfortunately not, no. Premiere Pro and Elements share a similar interface which is distinctly different from that of Premiere 6.0.

3. Default

Thanks for the quick response. You seem familiar with the old Preimere 6 version, would I be losing any functionality going to elements 3. In other words, does elements 3 have about the same capability of the old Premiere 6, plus the newer freatures of the HD edit capability, etc.

Do double check that Elements supports HDV editting.

Also, this time last year when I upgraded to Premiere Pro 2 I remember that Premiere 6 was elligible to be used as an upgrade to get the s/w cheaper. It caused a stir amongst some, making them wonder why they saw no extra benefit for staying loyal as they put it. Does seem strange that you can jump straight over 3 major released and get discount but, if it works....

Alternatively, read this http://www.videoforums.co.uk/video-e...html#post62734
    PPro 1.5 is capable of HDV.