Thread: adobe encore ?!

Question adobe encore ?!

Hello everybody!
    I've a problem that I'm trying to solve since too many days!
    I started working with adobe encore (creating subs and dvd on a movie I made)but it's always given me the same problem. The story is this: I created my first subs and I built a dvd. After few days I fixed those subs, I've been making some changes, i saved everyting and I built another dvd, which was giving me the first version of subs without tha last changes made. I tryed several times to fix the problem but I couldnt. The strange thing is that I made some extra changes, just for testing and I buit a new dvd...now it still has the first version of subs+the newest changes (the second changes made which were the important ones are still missing!)

Can anybody help me to solve this mess?
    Many thanx
    cate

Quote Originally Posted by cate View Post
    Hello everybody!
    I've a problem that I'm trying to solve since too many days!
    I started working with adobe encore (creating subs and dvd on a movie I made)but it's always given me the same problem. The story is this: I created my first subs and I built a dvd. After few days I fixed those subs, I've been making some changes, i saved everyting and I built another dvd, which was giving me the first version of subs without tha last changes made. I tryed several times to fix the problem but I couldnt. The strange thing is that I made some extra changes, just for testing and I buit a new dvd...now it still has the first version of subs+the newest changes (the second changes made which were the important ones are still missing!)

Can anybody help me to solve this mess?
    Many thanx
    cate
    Sounds like a workflow problem to me.
    Are you getting the 'old' menus when you preview the project or after generating a new DVD and playing that back on the PC or what?

Silly question I hope but in Encore there is a world of difference between saving the Encore project and generating a new DVD. you did do both I hope.

First real thing to do is confirm that previewing in Encore gives you what you want. I tend to generate my DVD as a folder. If I ever re-generate I always remember to clear down the original VIDEO_TS folder first. Once I've tested the preview and generate a DVD folder and re-test using PC software. Only then do I burn a disk and retest on a DVD player.

Exact details of what steps were taken will likely answer your question for you. Exactly what menu options did you use and options chosen to do the 'built another DVD' as you said it.

It may not be important for this particular question but which version of Encore are you using also?

Well, the odd thing is that I'm also previewing my project, after every change: I see them in the preview, the project looks fine but when I generate a folder (I dont burn a dvd everytime!)and I go to see my video, the old version is there, no updates, no changes!
    Of course I'm always deleting the old folder before generating a new one.
    And the menu is fine, it never gave me any of these problems.
    My version is encore dvd 2.0.
    It seems that encore is saving my changes whenever it feels like...very naughty programme!
    Any suggestions?
    many thanx
    cate

Quote Originally Posted by cate View Post
    Well, the odd thing is that I'm also previewing my project, after every change: I see them in the preview, the project looks fine but when I generate a folder (I dont burn a dvd everytime!)and I go to see my video, the old version is there, no updates, no changes!
    Of course I'm always deleting the old folder before generating a new one.
    And the menu is fine, it never gave me any of these problems.
    My version is encore dvd 2.0.
    It seems that encore is saving my changes whenever it feels like...very naughty programme!
    Any suggestions?
    many thanx
    cate
    I'm pretty much at a loss here I must admit. All I have left to suggest is rather silly things like check the datestamp on the files in the VIDEO_TS folder you are generating and check that the software you are using to play them is actually reading the correct file and not simply playing an 'original' disk left in your DVD ROM drive.