Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Encoding For YouTube with Vegas

Default Encoding For YouTube with Vegas

Here is a guide for encoding your files for You Tube using Sony Vegas.

2. Default

This is very useful. I am assuming that you are Mr. Safety on Youtube. Thank you very much.

Some issues....

Vegas 7 does not give a 1MBS template option. I set it to 3MBS and then changed that to 1MBS on "Internet/LAN" using the custom settings.

I have vegas 7 and so can use AVC/AAC and have been but the quality after rendering is a lot worse than my camera.

RESULTS

The results appear to be no different, either on my computer or on youtube, than the "MAIN CONCEPT (AVC/AAC) *.mp4" default setting that I was using previously according to Youtube's instructions. THe AVC settings do not seem to allow 30 fps (only 29.70) or to set 1MBS (only half that.

The strange thing is that the video quality is both worse that yours and worse than the mp4 straight out of my digital camera (casio exilim p505) is far better. I guess that this is just because there are more pixels when it is coming out of my camera. But I can't understand why your videos are so much better quality. If I have the quality in my camera that is going to waste, why can't I compress (or whatever) less than you are doing to achieve a simlar result as you are achieving?

Tim
    Last edited by timtak; 03-01-2007 at 07:44 AM.

haha - no I'm not MrSaftey, i just found the video a while back.

It should work just as you did it. I also change it to 1mbps where you have doen so as am also using Ver7.

The only thing i can say is that if you are taking footage off of your camera then this is probably why its looking bad. Your camera uses a super compressed format, so its never gonna look good. When you compress that again it will look worse.

I use proper video cameras in most of my stuff.

Here is a link to a video i did where the video footage is from a digital Camera:

You can see that the video is really poor quality because it came from the camera like that. The photos are of a much higher resolution which is why they look much better.

BAsically there is a nice lil phrase i'd like to coin here - "You cant polish a turd"
    If you footage is poor to start with you cant make it look any better.

4. Default

Well the strange thing is that the video quality from the camera is quite good before it is rendered.

As an example (the focus is off and the light not good, so it is not looking its best)

Camera
    http://tim.econo.yamaguchi-u.ac.jp/temp/CIMG0671.AVI
    Tendered into wmv
    http://tim.econo.yamaguchi-u.ac.jp/temp/face.wmv
    YouTube

Tim

Hi,

This may have been covered but here are some settings that work well with YouTube. Select "Save As" - "Windows Media Video V9 (*.wmv").

Then see image.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Default

Thank you very much Gord,

There is a slight problem, however, with wmv in that it is quite a lot bigger, and apparently (although I have not come up against this problem yet myself) one may run up against the 100MB restriction before one meets the 10 minute restriction, which is not the case using the Vegas 7 AVC/AAC format (i.e. a 10 minute video is less than 100MB in AVC/AAC), which seems, from my experimentation to work just as well as wmv (or not well ) in my trials.

I may have another go with wmv.

Tim

Gord - have you watched the video in the first post of this thread?
    It covers both vidoe and audio - thats why it was posted.

Hi,

It was just another template for people to try. No harm in posting!

9. Default

I agree with Gordon.

I am still not getting there. This is an avc mp4 (the wmv would have been far too big, this only just made it under the 100 MB limit) encoded at the right size and bit rate. It looks blurred. It was taken with a Sony VX2000 (which is a fairly large 3 CDD camera)

I would be very grateful if someone would be so kind as to post their Main Concept AVC/ACC mp4 settings for YouTube. wmv is just too big.

Tim

Too Big? Your video is almost 10 mins long so of course its gonna be large. When the video is at 1Mbps but it will be fine - it'll just take a while to upload.

The point being MP4 is a really crappie video format to re-encode. This is why it makes it difficult.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast