Thread: Premiere Pro 2.0: MPEG-2 Export Not Viewable in Windows Media Player

1. Default Premiere Pro 2.0: MPEG-2 Export Not Viewable in Windows Media Player

For some reason, the MPEG2 video I'm exporting is taking tons of memory to play on Windows Media Player.

The bitrate is about 9 Mps and the video is stuttering. Lowering the bitrate helps, but back in Standard 6.5, I used up to 12 Mps without any problems. There are not even any fast scenes and the clip is only a minute long.

When using the video in any other programs, such as Windows Moviemaker, the file also contains no video (only audio).

It seems like the MPEG2 from Premiere Pro is not compatible for some reason... Any suggestions?

The solution I'm using right now is exporting to AVI (which plays perfectly fine but takes up too much space of course)

Quote Originally Posted by pftq View Post
    For some reason, the MPEG2 video I'm exporting is taking tons of memory to play on Windows Media Player.

The bitrate is about 9 Mps and the video is stuttering. Lowering the bitrate helps, but back in Standard 6.5, I used up to 12 Mps without any problems. There are not even any fast scenes and the clip is only a minute long.

When using the video in any other programs, such as Windows Moviemaker, the file also contains no video (only audio).

It seems like the MPEG2 from Premiere Pro is not compatible for some reason... Any suggestions?

The solution I'm using right now is exporting to AVI (which plays perfectly fine but takes up too much space of course)
    Never encountered this before. now exporting from Premiere to MPEG2 producxes two files. M2V and WAV. I sometimes find that when I double click on the M2V file to play it in WMP it doesn't 'find' the sound as well.

I do tend to see the exact symptoms you describe if I double click on a video asset (Animated background) from a cover disk. But it's typically down to bitrate reading from the disk.

What menu option(s) did you use to export and what settings did you choose? Are you running the clip in WMP from an internal drive?

3. Default

MPEG2 produces two files only during the encoding. After the encoding is finished, they are merged into one MPEG file.

The options I used were from the standard MPEG2, only with the bitrate changed and to 2 VBR Scan. I am viewing the clip in WMP on an internal drive, but this has never been a problem before. As I said, this clip is also very short and has no fast scenes. It happens for all MPEG2 video I try to encode.

Quote Originally Posted by pftq View Post
    MPEG2 produces two files only during the encoding. After the encoding is finished, they are merged into one MPEG file.

The options I used were from the standard MPEG2, only with the bitrate changed and to 2 VBR Scan. I am viewing the clip in WMP on an internal drive, but this has never been a problem before. As I said, this clip is also very short and has no fast scenes. It happens for all MPEG2 video I try to encode.
    Interesting. I've used Premiere Pro in all it;s version and using the Adobe Media Encoder to export to Mpeg2 I've always received two files, M2V and WAV - every single time - which get imported as assets into Encore for DVD production.

I'm at a loss then. Sorry.