Thread: Editing help

Default Editing help

I have a panasonic Digital camcorder, and i am doing a project for my school.

I along w/ my group have to hypothetically teach our class a chapter from Jeremiah.

so i came up with the idea to make a movie (documentary style) of the chapter; some talking, some animated battle, etc. we would need to superimpose "titles" onto the screen (i.e. "John doe, Scholar"), and we would need to somehow get a battle scene and splice it in.

I have adobe premierpro, do i need any plugins?

can anyone offer any insight? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ygmt13 View Post
    I have a panasonic Digital camcorder, and i am doing a project for my school.

I along w/ my group have to hypothetically teach our class a chapter from Jeremiah.

so i came up with the idea to make a movie (documentary style) of the chapter; some talking, some animated battle, etc. we would need to superimpose "titles" onto the screen (i.e. "John doe, Scholar"), and we would need to somehow get a battle scene and splice it in.

I have adobe premierpro, do i need any plugins?

can anyone offer any insight? thanks.
    Premiere Pro is more than capable of allowing you to overlay any title you can imagine over your video clips. Any fonts any style with any suporting graphics etc etc. the only hard bit is sometimes creating them. Ppro has a title tool (Hit F5 I think) but anythign particularly fancy might need a tru graphics editor like Photoshop to create.

Splicing in a battle scene, again, is trivial in Premiere Pro. once you have pobtained you clip then it's just another video asset to be included as you see fit.

What you have to know though is that Premier Pro will not allow you to create the battle scenes animation for you.

any idea of how to make a battle scene?

not hardcore, just ppl sticking swords in other ppl?

Quote Originally Posted by ygmt13 View Post
    any idea of how to make a battle scene?

not hardcore, just ppl sticking swords in other ppl?
    i would either

1) get a bundle of mates together, dress up appropriately and go out and film your own;
    2) Find out where and when your local 're-enactment group' is working next and film them;
    3) Grab a clip from a DVD that 'works' and include it (only do this if ytour movie is for yourself); or
    4) Spend millions animating hundreds of warriors in some 3D app and use that