Thread: AVI to DVD

Default AVI to DVD

Hi can anyone ansewr this question. I have made a photo picture show usuning windows movie maker. I saved the file as AVI and used a AVI to DVD convertor to make a dvd that i can play on my dvd player. I was pleased that this seemed to work on my main tv , however when i tried to play it on another DVD player ( a older one) i got the message no disc ? What is the reason for this, all that i can think of is the player that its playinfg in is Multi region and the other is not . Any comments please.

Quote Originally Posted by charian View Post
    Hi can anyone ansewr this question. I have made a photo picture show usuning windows movie maker. I saved the file as AVI and used a AVI to DVD convertor to make a dvd that i can play on my dvd player. I was pleased that this seemed to work on my main tv , however when i tried to play it on another DVD player ( a older one) i got the message no disc ? What is the reason for this, all that i can think of is the player that its playinfg in is Multi region and the other is not . Any comments please.
    The "it's an older one" is likely your best clue. It's probably just a case of your chosen media disk being incompatible with the DVD player. It's still a sad case that not all DVD-R disks will be accepted by all players.