Thread: Wrong resolution in adobe encore

Unhappy Wrong resolution in adobe encore

I have tried to import some avi files as assets into Encore. I have a message that the video size is 640 x 840 and they must have a resolution of 720 x 576 or 704 x 576. Can anybody tell me how to get over this?

Quote Originally Posted by john.hardcastle5 View Post
    I have tried to import some avi files as assets into Encore. I have a message that the video size is 640 x 840 and they must have a resolution of 720 x 576 or 704 x 576. Can anybody tell me how to get over this?
    You can't! At least you can't in Encore.

Encore is for authoring DVDs and DVDs have very specific resolutions to which you must adhere to when exporting your movie.

You will need to use another tool or re-expoirt your movie in the correct resolution to build a DVD from it.

Thanks. Any suggestions as to a cheap (free?) tool to chang image size. I am doing this as a favour to my local football club so that they can raise some funds from selling a DVD of a charity night they had recently so I don't expect to have to do this again.

Thanks. Any suggestions as to a cheap (free?) tool to chang image size. I am doing this as a favour to my local football club so that they can raise some funds from selling a DVD of a charity night they had recently so I don't expect to have to do this again.
    Any non-linear editor you have worthy of the name would be able to do this. import the clip, either resize it on the timeline or crop it down and re-export it.

Just worked it out. I have imported it into Premiere, rendered it and then exported as a movie. The resultant avi file imports into Encore.

Thanks for your help

Just worked it out. I have imported it into Premiere, rendered it and then exported as a movie. The resultant avi file imports into Encore.

Thanks for your help

No worries