Thread: Premiere Pro 1.5 export to DVD - help needed

Default Premiere Pro 1.5 export to DVD - help needed

Hi all,

I've been trying to burn an adobe premiere pro 1.5 project to DVD using Nero 7 - however when I export the video file from Adobe (using Adobe Media Encoder) as an MPEG-2 DVD file, it seems that the video file has no sound and there is a separate .wav file of the the audio - When I try to connect the two in Nero after - the audio file is longer than the video! In fact, the audio is the correct length, whereas the video file is a good 3 minutes shorter than it is in Adobe!

Settings wise I've been exporting as a PAL 4x3 Low Quality 6MB 1 Pass.

Can anyone shed any light on this? How come my video and audio are getting separated and then don't match up if put back together in an external program?

Thanks in advance guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Si_Pearce View Post
    Hi all,

I've been trying to burn an adobe premiere pro 1.5 project to DVD using Nero 7 - however when I export the video file from Adobe (using Adobe Media Encoder) as an MPEG-2 DVD file, it seems that the video file has no sound and there is a separate .wav file of the the audio - When I try to connect the two in Nero after - the audio file is longer than the video! In fact, the audio is the correct length, whereas the video file is a good 3 minutes shorter than it is in Adobe!

Settings wise I've been exporting as a PAL 4x3 Low Quality 6MB 1 Pass.

Can anyone shed any light on this? How come my video and audio are getting separated and then don't match up if put back together in an external program?

Thanks in advance guys.
    Might be a simple frame rate issue. Often US copies of films have different duration to UK copies as they run at at different frame rates ie. 24 and 25. So a film running at 24fps will take longer to finish.

What is your source type of video, project settings and what are your export settings?
    Are you sure you never adjusted frame rate without realising.