Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoot to win 10K with SCENEWON.COM

Default Shoot to win 10K with SCENEWON.COM

SCENEWON is an exciting new on-line initiative aimed at giving worldwide filmmakers the chance to showcase their work and win a 10,000 (or equivalent currency) first prize for the best short film , sub 5 minutes (and other prizes for the top ten). The competition is voted on-line by the viewers. Viewers can also review other peoples work with cash prizes for the best reviews.

Each competition will revolve around a theme that the films must conform to and the first one, launching on-line April 2nd, will be on the theme of GLOBAL WARMING. This subject affects us all and people feel very passionately about it and we want to unite filmmakers views to help increase awareness.

We hope to encourage people to create a whole host of different perspectives on this subject shot across all media be it animation, live action or some crazy hybrid never seen before. Comedy, drama, documentary or any style will be accepted as long as it conforms to the theme.

This is no excuse film making. Grab a camera and a laptop and make it happen. Not elaborate films that often take months to make. We are looking for raw talent with the hope that the winning video maker will use the experience and perhaps prize to further their career by financing a short film of their own.

Registration will start Tuesday 20th February and along with registration for more information, films we be able to be uploaded from then. By registering and uploading up-loading your clip before April 2nd you will ensure you are in from the start when we launch.

I hope you will use this opportunity to explore their creativity and am pleased to offer this early opportunity to you all to get on board.

More information at:

www.scenewon.com

Thanks,

Scenewon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

I assume that this is free to enter?

There's been a few posts recently promoting 'competitions' with what I feel to be exorbitant entrance fees, justified as administration costs. To me it would seem appropriate to cover these admin fees through sponsorship (as I would assume are the 'prizes'). Otherwise there does rather seem to be an element of profiteering.

I apologise if this comes across as negative, but you didn't endear yourself by posting the same post 3 times in seperate parts of the forum.

Default totally free to enter !

Totally free to enter

Blog Entries

Sponsored by ' Global Cool ' - A load of celebs getting even more publicity from another 'good cause'. No doubt this involves flying around the world even more to publicise thier 'good work' as they inspire and urge us lesser mortals to save energy.

Not that I am cynical or anything, but this is 'live aid' for global warming. Naff.

Still, cant moan about a free to enter competition with a 10 grand prize, can you? I think I just did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Still, cant moan about a free to enter competition with a 10 grand prize, can you? I think I just did.
    I'll forgive your moaning for having such a cool avatar. For once.

Default all i know...

.. is they were kind enough to donate 10K to help young filmmakers which sounds alright to me!! I know how hard it is to raise finance i've made a number of short films myself If it helps spread the message that we need to do something to help the planet then its all gravy.

I hope you enter.

thanks

Blog Entries

Hmmm, well if someone gave me 10,000 I would say the same... actually a tenner would do it.
    Last edited by Mark W; 02-18-2007 at 05:35 PM.

this is a con to get your e mail address. I filled the registration form, that only required your e mail and sent it off last week. Heard nothing since beware
    DUDE were's my car
    www.myspace.com/cheapdirt07

Very nice avatar, Mark . . . is that a std or super8 cam?
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Blog Entries

I don't like the complete lack of information.

The only way to find out about conditions, rules, payments etc. etc. is to register. An "honest and open" contest would have its rules and conditions available for all to see.

"Global warming" is the current trendy cause, so I wonder if this is just someone jumping on the bandwagon.

On a positive note... Nice avatar Mark. Looks like a Bell and Howell standard 8 camera to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast