Thread: hello and thanks

Default hello and thanks

hello everybody,

i have been reading this forum a bit and finally got a video done hehe.

i have greatly appreciated alot of the tips and links provided by some of you in other threads and have put as many of thme to good useas i can =)

well anyway here is the link:
    long version (gets boring fast)

new "improved" version

this is part of a competition being done by the creators of the game which was used for the filming. i would appreciate as many of you to view my video as this is one of the criteria for winning (i know, seems a little odd).

now as for the vid itself, i know the running scene at the beginning is a bit long so i expect to get critisized for that but i liked it and really didnt want to edit it shorter. also alot of the "script" is pretty traditionnal or "used" material, but i was rather pressed for time with regards to writing and filming but it seems to work anyway =)

i would appreciate any constructive criticism to help with my future live action projects that u have

thx,

Zy
    Last edited by Zylex; 02-21-2007 at 10:43 AM.

It was a bit long and boring, but I don't know the game so take it for what its worth.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

To be honest, it didn't grab me. It seemed to be going on for a bit and I stopped watching after a minute or so.

I noticed the first Youtube user comment mentioned something to the effect that it got better at the end, but I got bored waiting for it.

Sorry - maybe it's my fault for not being patient and sticking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylex View Post
    now as for the vid itself, i know the running scene at the beginning is a bit long so i expect to get critisized for that
    The running part took half the film and was really too long, if you would cut it back to half a minute max you would give your "audience" the same amount of information, if you show a running scene for such a long time, you must have a reason for it, otherwise your audience won't understand it. The result is that most won't even bother waiting untill the end. I think if you are familiar with the game you might appreciate the humor in it. I suggest cutting back the first part of your "film" considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by noa View Post
    The running part took half the film and was really too long, if you would cut it back to half a minute max you would give your "audience" the same amount of information, if you show a running scene for such a long time, you must have a reason for it, otherwise your audience won't understand it. The result is that most won't even bother waiting untill the end. I think if you are familiar with the game you might appreciate the humor in it. I suggest cutting back the first part of your "film" considerably.
    thx for the comment.

this is probably the most useful comment i have had on my video so far, telling me exactly why and how. i remember this for future videos.

thanks,

Zy

EDIT: ok here is an ew version, the initial post was also updated with this one:
    Last edited by Zylex; 02-21-2007 at 10:42 AM.

Iwatched it right through, its takes too long to get to the joke at the end, sure its nice to have the luxury to run around in the game world and marvel at the scene, but remember this..

Faces are more interesting than places, and you need more face, less place.

But a pretty good effort, well I couldn't make a video like that..

Leo.

hello leo,

tnaks fior your comment, but are you refferring to the new one i posted or the older long version?

thanks,

Zy

Even the short version is way too long, Maybe 90 seconds would be enough, sure its a interesting game world, and it seems gamers enjoy the video, is there some sort of in joke about toilet paper in these game enviroments..??

Leo.