Thread: What price do you pay for DV Tape?

Default What price do you pay for DV Tape?

I'm interested to find out who is paying the best price for blank DV Tapes here in the UK. I buy mine from Amazon, 9.77p inc P&P for pack of 5 Tapes. Anyone got a better deal?.

Blog Entries

I've bought my last 100 or so tapes from Creative Video. Box of 5 x AY-DVM63PQ 63mins tapes. They're not the cheapest.

Edit: just checked and the price for the last order was 19.95 per 5 pack.
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 02-17-2007 at 12:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Almost zero - I use them over and over and store everything I want on drives.

Yeowch Mark! Over and over? Usually DV are good for a max of 7-8 uses before degredation begins. Its also not great for your camera heads. I''m sure if u bought some new tapes you would nitice a vast inprovement in your vid quality/

lovin the new avtar dewd!

Blog Entries

Hmmm, well perhaps I should have pointed out that I have accumulated a few tapes with camera purchases - about 15 3 hour dvcam tapes, my main camera is not dv cam so they run for 4.5 hours, so the tapes dont get re used that often.

I am not a film everything kind of operator either - I dont usually shoot tonnes of video.

But point taken.

I always buy Sony minidv premiums dvm60pr3, not in the UK though but here in Belgium I paid 18 euro for a 6 pack which is quite cheap.

Good price noa. Do you purchase them at that price online or in a local retailer?.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasarian View Post
    Good price noa. Do you purchase them at that price online or in a local retailer?.
    I used to order them online at a Dutch online shop, then they charged 2,95 euro per cassette, sendingcosts were around 5 euro's. Recently they raised their prizes up to 3,75 euro but luckily I found a local dealer who sells them at 2,99 a piece.

I did a lot of online searching and found out that there are big price differences for the same type of cassette. For me these price differences matter as for weddings f.i. I allways use a new mini-dv cassette, never a used one. the big supermarket called "carrefour" (I don't know if they have stores in the UK) sometimes have cheap offers for a short time, usually they charge around 4,5 euro for a Sony premium cassette but 2 times they sold a limited amount for 2,95 per piece. If I read about that it's shopping day for me. The last lot I purchased were a 5+1 bundle which also makes a difference in price per piece.

Sony, especially when Amazon have them on special....lol

Quote Originally Posted by torby View Post
    Sony, especially when Amazon have them on special....lol
    might well be the same one I last bought. Orange ones? Pack of ten for 18 UKP. They seem to be even cheaper now too. Also, I use them for HDV too and don't get dropped frames so they are decent enough.

Now 12 for ten.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...405354-1223624