Thread: premiere pro 2 upgrade

Unhappy premiere pro 2 upgrade

Ok, I have premiere pro and I decided to upgrade to premiere pro 2, which arrived today, so all excited like a right geek! I attempted to install my new version of premiere. It asked me for the serial number from my old version of premiere but when I put the number in, it told me it was invalid!! I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? been on to adbe support but no joy as of yet!

x x x

Contact Adobe or the place where you purchased your upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Ok, I have premiere pro and I decided to upgrade to premiere pro 2, which arrived today, so all excited like a right geek! I attempted to install my new version of premiere. It asked me for the serial number from my old version of premiere but when I put the number in, it told me it was invalid!! I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? been on to adbe support but no joy as of yet!

x x x
    i suspect that when you installed you previous version and entered your serial number you never actually registered that serial number with Adobe but just left it installed.

Log into your account on the Adobe web site and check which serial number you have registered against your name. If it not in the list then the upgrade will not work. You may have to go throught he process of actually registering your old version before you can do the upgrade.

If you don't have an account on the adobe site then this is almost certainly the issue.