Thread: New and Confused

Default New and Confused

Hello everyone!
    I have been wanting to do this for a very long time and just cannot find a way to do it.
    My problem:
    I have DVDs of all of my gamefilm of our school past football season, and I would like to edit each DVD and take out all of the good plays and put it into somewhat of a highlight reel with music and the whole nine yards. But, sadly I have not the slightest clue in how to even start this. If someone could please point me in the right direction as to programs and how to do my tasks I would GREATLY appreciate it.
    Thank you for all you help.

-KnoT

You could try DVD2AVi then import into your editing program

Sony Vegas 7 allows you to import/capture a DVD straight onto the time line and then you can edit from there

bear in mind you will be re-encodign an Mpeg so the quility will suffer a bit.

alright,
    thanks a lot, but do you know where I could find these programs for download?
    download.com maybe?
    or would I have to purchase them?

Quote Originally Posted by KnoT View Post
    alright,
    thanks a lot, but do you know where I could find these programs for download?
    download.com maybe?
    or would I have to purchase them?
    I know you are a junior, but the clues are always there, SONY Vegas Sony 7, do a search on that and and you can download a trial version and have a play.
    http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/dow...p2.asp?did=698

the DVD Import is found under the FILE menu

(I am not trying to be rude KnoT, but the forums seem to have become and easy way of getting information from others (without having to do any actual research) who have taken years to acquire it with out the bother of looking for it and learning the searching skills and most times without even a thank you.)

If you get lost with the program, ask any questions the Vegas forums for a response

All the best

Blog Entries

Google is often my source for answers, and often faster than waiting for a response on a forum. If you are just looking for something in the interwebnetblogosphere then google will find it if it is in this multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    I know you are a junior, but the clues are always there, SONY Vegas Sony 7, do a search on that and and you can download a trial version and have a play.
    http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/dow...p2.asp?did=698

the DVD Import is found under the FILE menu

(I am not trying to be rude KnoT, but the forums seem to have become and easy way of getting information from others (without having to do any actual research) who have taken years to acquire it with out the bother of looking for it and learning the searching skills and most times without even a thank you.)

If you get lost with the program, ask any questions the Vegas forums for a response

All the best
    Thank you all for the help, I am in the process of trying to download/learn this program.
    Just an add in, I have been searching for a program like this, but I would get so clueless and search as: DVD Editing, and nothing that popped up would work, so I figured Id come to see what the experienced had to offer.
    And I do give my many thanks to you, thank you all for the help.
    Keep up the good work