Thread: Panasonic NVGS 11 Capture Problems

Unhappy Panasonic NVGS 11 Capture Problems

I have been using my Panasonic for about 18 months and have experienced some issues with black stripes on playback and when I am trying to capture using U-Lead Video Studio 9.

Today I tried uploading the tapes that I had issues with again and U-LEad is telling me that there is no Index.

Any ideas?

Blog Entries

Four or five broad black horizontal lines? Dirty heads - give the camera a clean with a head cleaning tape, if the problem persists then you might have a worn head if the cam is very well used, heads should last a few thousand hours.

Thanks for that. I have tried with a cleaning tape and ran that through 4 times. This has allowed me to run one of the tapes perfectly, but still an issue with two others.

Is it possible that the tapes might be affected and is there anyway of getting them cleaned?

Blog Entries

It is unlikely to be the tapes - try them on another camera if in doubt. I am afraid it does sound like the camera is on the way out - this probelm may go but it may return at very annoying moments.

Thanks again. Just spoke to a local 'expert' who thinks it may be incompatibility of a Panasonic cam used with varying tapes ie Fuji, Sony & JVC due to the lubricant used on by different brands?

Failing that, I bought the cam 18 months ago as an ex-display with 2 year warrantee from John Lewis - might get something back.

Wife's not too happy about the honeymon tapes though!

Blog Entries

I think your 'expert' is regurgitating out of date heresay, this is an old old story that seems to have become an urban legend. It 'may' have been an issue ages ago, I dont think it is now. I mix tapes and i dont think it has provoked trouble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DV , down the bottom it mentions this 'problem'.