Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premiere Pro Use only 40-60% of CPU

Default Premiere Pro Use only 40-60% of CPU

Hello Everybody.

Iím using Adobe Premier for a while now but recently I bought a new PC. My old one was getting a bit slow. My new configuration is:

2x Dualcore Intel Xeon 5130 2 Ghz
    S5000XVN motherboard
    2 GB of Fully Buffered ECC DDR2 SDRAM
    Nvidia Geforce 7950GT 512 MB
    10000 RPM hard drive for operating system
    7200 RPM hard drives for editing material.

I suppose this is should be a fast system to render in Adobe Premier Pro 2.0. But when I try to render a project CPU usage is only between 40% and 60%.
    Is this normal that Adobe Premier Pro use only that amount. Because my previous system always used 100%.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Or is there a solution to this to make adobe premier use 100%.

Thanks.

This is good! - Your old system used 100% which means it struggled with rendering. The fc=act that your new system is only using 40-60% shows that your new system is better suited to editing.

Okay. I new my nes system was mush better. But I expaced that it would use all the proccessing power available. Or does that depend on other matters.

Quote Originally Posted by JH6 View Post
    Okay. I new my nes system was mush better.
    I'll have a pint of whatever he's drinking! sorry. Couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    I'll have a pint of whatever he's drinking! sorry. Couldn't resist.
    Ow, Sorry. Typed in a bit of a hurry. I ment that I knew that my new system was mush better than my previous one.

Blog Entries

I have a core duo / vegas - rendering is often only 60%, sometimes 100% - my guess is that as processors have become faster that bottlenecks occur with memory / disc access. Maths intensive renders go to 100% (lots of fx) but simple dv to dv renders are often 60%.

Maybe youíre right. My hard driveís arenít that fast and arenít a Raid Array. So that may slow the rendering down.
    So, if I add more effects and more video layers, the usage off my processors my go up because that is more maths intensive?

Blog Entries

Maybe - only guessing - I wouldnt worry too much. I am very pleased that I can render and carry on using the pc for other things, even editing in another vegas window and a load of other b ground tasks and my pc still doesnt glitch.

That right. And when I am editing everything runs smoothly. And I take full advantage of my processors when rendering something in 3dmax or Maya. So I am pretty pleased whit this computer. But I was just wondering why adobe premier didnít use the full 100%.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JH6 View Post
    That right. And when I am editing everything runs smoothly. And I take full advantage of my processors when rendering something in 3dmax or Maya. So I am pretty pleased whit this computer. But I was just wondering why adobe premier didnít use the full 100%.
    I shouldn't really comment as I'm entering realms of no knowledge, but could it be that Premiere isn't multi-threaded optimised and is therefore only using one core to do the rendering (and therefore only 50% would be used)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast