Thread: how to isolate an object???

Default how to isolate an object???

hey all the pros out there, can you guide me in making tis effect? ive seen some wedding videos where the whole video is b&w while only the bouquet is coloured, isit possible to do it in premiere pro???

thanz!

yes but its easier in after effects. There is an effect in premiere called selected colour or something like that. Select the colour you want to highlight either with the colour bar or the colour picker thingy. This will then only show the colour you have selected. Now if you want to select an object or a person and have them in colour while the rest of the frame is B & W then you need to mask of the rest of the frame just leaving your subject looking through your mask. I find it easier to create mask in after effects but its nothing you cannot do in premiere.
    Hope this helps
    Simon
    DUDE were's my car
    www.myspace.com/cheapdirt07

Quote Originally Posted by shyan View Post
    hey all the pros out there, can you guide me in making tis effect? ive seen some wedding videos where the whole video is b&w while only the bouquet is coloured, isit possible to do it in premiere pro???

thanz!
    Even though I'm not a 'pro' I'll answer anyway because I know the answer and I'm a nice guy and in a good mood.... but be warned, calling for answers from 'pros' only is likely to lead to not getting an answer from those that migth just know the answer. Anyway, minor rant over so....

The effect you are looking for is called 'Colour Pass' (or 'Color Pass' depending on where you live ) and it works pretty much as described above.

Default thanz!!

ohh haha...coz im still a noob, so to mi almoz everyone is a pro.hahaha.well simon u talked abt mask, which im still nt very sure of, can u further elaborate on the "mask" ting? And by the way, can i select more than 1 colour in tat function?

thanz loads
    Last edited by shyan; 02-14-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shyan View Post
    ohh haha...coz im still a noob, so to mi almoz everyone is a pro.hahaha.well simon u talked abt mask, which im still nt very sure of, can u further elaborate on the "mask" ting? And by the way, can i select more than 1 colour in tat function?

thanz loads
    Seems you're trying your hardest to alienate yourself from the moderators of these forums. The other thing you are doing wrong is to talk in TXT SPK. This is a big no-no if you want answers from the more experienced people here. Warning and lecture over! On to the question...

What Simon means (and he's quite right) is that the colour pass will display the colour chosen and everything else will be black and white. Consider a person in the picture wearing a red pullover and beside them is a red car. If you choose red as your colour then both the pull-over and the car will remain red while the rest of the picture will be b+w. Chances are you only want the red car to stay. The way to avoid the problem is to apply a mask to the red-pullover so it is not affected by the colour pass effect. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you donot understand the concept of masking then I suggets you get your user manual out. It's all in there.

respectfully. Alan

alright.thank you alan! I will take note of my usage of text. Yes, i understand what you're talking about.

Thank you simon and alan!