Thread: Lost Vaio Transitions After Upgrading to Pro 2.0

1. Default Lost Vaio Transitions After Upgrading to Pro 2.0

Hi all,

I've searched the forums and the Adobe/Sony site several times, but cannot seem to find any reference to this.

I received Adobe Premiere Standard with a Sony Vaio RA830G Computer. Included with it are custom effects by Sony (Melt, Ripple...). I've upgraded the Adobe Premiere included on my machine from Standard (6.5 I think?) to Pro 2.0; unfortunately, the VAIO transitions I used in my video did not transfer over. What I mean is, whatever plugins Sony had put into the Standard, they were not imported into the Pro Version after upgrading.

The Standard program is still there. Is there a way to import the VAIO transitions into the new Pro 2.0?
    Last edited by pftq; 02-15-2007 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pftq View Post
    Hi all,

I've searched the forums and the Adobe/Sony site several times, but cannot seem to find any reference to this.

I received Adobe Premiere Standard with a Sony Vaio Grt830G Computer. Included with it are custom effects by Sony (Melt, Ripple...). I've upgraded the Adobe Premiere included on my machine from Standard (6.5 I think?) to Pro 2.0; unfortunately, the VAIO transitions I used in my video did not transfer over. What I mean is, whatever plugins Sony had put into the Standard, they were not imported into the Pro Version after upgrading.

The Standard program is still there. Is there a way to import the VAIO transitions into the new Pro 2.0?
    I suspect they are still on you PC, just in the wrong place. Look in the Premiere 6.5 plugin directory which is likley still there even if you uninstalled it. hopefully you'll find lots of filed there with names you are familiar with. take those file (or sub-directory) and simply copy them across the the 'en-Us' sub directorty of the plugins directory for Premiere pro 2. restart Ppro 2 and you should have them. All you have to worry about then is whether they are compatible with the newer versions of Premiere...

3. Default

It's crashing on startup now. :(

I get an "Application Error".

Something about an instruction at ... referenced memory could not be read.

Then Okay to terminate program.

Meh I hope someone around here has done this before... would suck to lose the transitions.

Quote Originally Posted by pftq View Post
    It's crashing on startup now. :(

I get an "Application Error".

Something about an instruction at ... referenced memory could not be read.

Then Okay to terminate program.

Meh I hope someone around here has done this before... would suck to lose the transitions.
    If you moved them and get this error then I can only presume that they are simply not compatible with the latest version of Premiere Pro. Sorry. You might try moving them in one at a time to edentify which one causes the problem. Better to lose just one than all of them eh?

However, attack it from a slightly different approach. What transitions exactly are they? PPro2 come with loads of transitions. Are you sure none of them reproduce the ones you are losing?

Also, I guess I do really need to ask what you are using them for. I've use PPro for years now and with all the transitions it comes with I've only ever used 2 of them. They're fun to play with when you start but most just look tacky the second time you try them. I've used a cross-fade 99.99999% of the time I bother to transition at all and on a couple of occasions I've used a very specific organic wipe for a specific effect.

My point is that using transitions can, if you're not very careful, produce a very cheesey movie and is generally avoided so do you really need them?
    Last edited by Alan Mills; 02-15-2007 at 12:21 PM.

5. Default

Well that's avoiding the problem now isn't it?

I don't always use Premiere for actual movies. Sometimes I create fading menus etc, which transitions are nice.

Mainly however, the current project I started in 6.5 has these transitions; I'm hoping I can switch over to 2.0 but apparently not.

6. Default

Just wanted to announce that I fixed the problem.

For anyone else who wants the transitions back after upgrading, install Sony's patch

Sony eSupport - VGC-RA830G

Funny they didn't mention it when I contacted them on their support line.