Thread: how do i get this effect?

Default how do i get this effect?

to see the effect i'm talking about watch this clip from the infamous indecline video. all of the editing in the video is insanly good but the portion i like most is the spraypaint tagging portion. so how do i get the effect that they some how got. if you notice it looks as if the spraypaint is painting itself on the wall, and thats exactly what i want to know how to do.

2. Default

You could use the stroke effect in after effects. Trapcode's 3d stroke would be better. Or you could paint it with vector paint. Or you could paint it on frame by frame in photoshop. I would try the stroke method first, but thats just me and to be honest Im not that good in after effects yet. Not sure if you can do it in premier.
    much easier with a computer

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage Crew View Post
    to see the effect i'm talking about watch this clip from the infamous indecline video. all of the editing in the video is insanly good but the portion i like most is the spraypaint tagging portion. so how do i get the effect that they some how got. if you notice it looks as if the spraypaint is painting itself on the wall, and thats exactly what i want to know how to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FbxZ5SgYbk
    I would do it with green screen or colour removal. It depends on what you want to spray. What you could do is spray onto a green screen and then remove the green with software (I use Premiere Pro / After Effects) and replace it with other video which you want to be "sprayed" on. You may have to resize it etc and it may take a few attempts but it may give you what you are after.

Mark
    www.onlinevideosolutions.co.uk
    enquiries@onlinevideosolutons.co.uk