Thread: cant add track

Default cant add track

Hello, I am new here. I just got vegas 6.0 platinum and have been playing around with it and detonationfilms.com. for some reason, I can't create more than 4 video tracks.

Could you please tell me why this is???!!!

I am not familiar with Vegas Movie Studio as I run the full version of Vegas but it sounds like you have Vegas Movie Studio which is the cheap consumer version of Vegas which has limitations one of which is a limit to the number of tracks you can use. Otherwise if its a trial version it may have some functionality disabled.

Check the Sony Vegas website out to find out.

Its not a trial version, and I could have sworn I have made more tracks than than in other projects. I do run vegas movie studio but I am not sure it is that. Here is a print-screen of the default scene. It uses 6 tracks

EDIT: You are right. some of those where audio tracks. Well, that stinky puffs!!!
    Last edited by etharooni; 02-14-2007 at 01:21 AM.
    -Ethan

movie studio only allows 4 tracks.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

if you need more tracks you should try and see if movie studio supports "nested projects". This is where you drag a Vegas project file onto the time line as a video clip.
    Last edited by irishmark; 02-14-2007 at 08:45 AM.

VMS does not support nested projects either. Sorry, etharooni, you're going to have to cut and splice to get your movie into 4 tracks.

I see why they would limit things like velocity envelopes and stuff, but to limit the amount of tracks you use, I think is crazy. I mean it is 75 dollars to buy. If they limit the amount of tracks you use, it should be like a free demo or trial.

EDIT: Is there a cheap way to upgrade to the full version, without paying for the whole program?
    Last edited by etharooni; 02-15-2007 at 07:38 AM.
    -Ethan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by etharooni View Post
    I see why they would limit things like velocity envelopes and stuff, but to limit the amount of tracks you use, I think is crazy. I mean it is 75 dollars to buy. If they limit the amount of tracks you use, it should be like a free demo or trial.

EDIT: Is there a cheap way to upgrade to the full version, without paying for the whole program?
    I understand your frustration, but compare your $75 with the price of the full program and you'll see why alot of functions are disabled.