Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drivers

Unhappy Drivers

Hi all, can I beg, borrow, buy the installation disc for a Sony DCR-TRV33E cam.
    I've just had to reiinstall everything after formatting my hard drive. I'm deaparate.
    Thanks in anticipation.

Ron 01246 557964
    Chesterfield

Blog Entries

What do you need it for, it's a dv cam and should just connect via f wire without any drivers?

Mark's right.

You really don't need the disk at all for video capture. If you've used the disk in the past then I suspect you have been capturing acros a USB link. This is just wrong. Get a firewire card and lead and capture through that. You'll be amazed at the difference.

I've got the same camera andmy disk simply never had the seal broken on it. The disk got binned years ago.

Default Drivers

Well, when the Microsoft drivers went in and I tried to use Movie Maker the PC shut down, I've not installed it yet but I use Ulead Video Studio 9. So I thought right disc might have more than USB drivers.

I can buy the disc from Tel 0870 240354 for 28.61p. I seems expensive for just USB Drivers
    Ron

Default Drivers

Yes I forgot to add it is through a firewire link
    Ron

Blog Entries

I am confused - you dont need any usb drivers cos you are not using usb. Avoid usb at all costs, it is no good.

The only reason to need the USB drivers is if you wish to transfer still images form the memory card. At the proice you quoted for the new disk it would be far cheaper to buy yourself a card reader and transfer them that way. Alternatively don't use it for stills. It's a decent camcorder with true widescreen but a lousy still camera.

I can only re-iterate what mark has said again. There is no need whatsoever for that disk. In fact I would be closer to the truth if I said that if the disk has reached the inside of your disk drive then you're doing it wrong.

Red face Drivers

Thanks for all the info lads I'm beginnig to understand what you are all telling me.
    I've just tried to edit a 3minute video on Movie Maker and it seems OK this time. Although it doesn't seem to like being sent to a DVD, just a CD-R;
    My next step is to re-install VideoStudio 9. I'll get back to you all, one way or tother.
    Thanks again Ron

Wink Drivers

Thanks lads for all the help, everything seems to be running as it should. Edited a five minute video yesterday and had no problems.

Thanks once again for the advice, it is appreciated.

Why cant everyone be as appreciative as this! It would be nice if everyone said thanks after getting solutions yet so few actually do. Thanks Ron!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast