Thread: video in reverse

Smile video in reverse

Hi Friends

This is saravanan from chennai, Please clear me this doubt. Is there is any option to play an edited video in reverse. i have a one premier project it required reverse Play. Please help me guys.

with regards
    saravanan

You don;t say what version of premiere you are using but it doesn;t really matter anyway.

This is the one area where Premeire does not excell tbh. Drag a clip to your timeline. Right click on it and seloect the 'speed' option. when it opens you can use this to play your clip at any spped. Set 50% to play at half speed for slo-mo etc. Now here's the trick. Enter -100% to play at full speed but backwards.

Watch out though, without an external plugin you will not be able to keyframne the speed.

Default Now you have it!

Big brother Alan Mills has spoken, and man, listen when these senior members talk! Just an addition: If you want this effect to really cool, you have to get a plug in that helps Premiere on that...

First time i expiramented and got this -100% shit, which produced the reverse motion effect, i felt really cool, but man, i couldnt use to on any of the real productions... its not smooth, its not realistic....

Post a message in the house and ask for suggestions of plugins that will help you, ok?

Take care....
    The victor will never be asked if he told the truth!

coommark - I'm a bit surprise at what you've observed. -100% should have been perfectly smooth because no extra or removed frames are catered for. Or is your point the fact that you can's transition into it smoothly or conveniently at all.

If you do have to use Premiere for this job and need to ramp your speed at all then the generally recommended plugin for being able to do it (i.e. keyframe it) is called Twixtor.

I believe some other editors do have this feature built in, as does the latest version of After Effects (v7) now. One area where i understand Premier lags behind some others.