Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mad Bomber Thomas Tank

Default Mad Bomber Thomas Tank

Please enjoy this wild mad bomber Thomas Tank video, there are 3 'making of videos' in the users profile.
    It has been made from scratch, I'm now in the process making a episode 2 / 3

Last edited by rollingstock; 10-26-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: update info

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    Please enjoy this wild mad bomber Thomas Tank video, there is even a 'making of' in the users profile.
    It has been made from scratch, no ripping off the real production.

It has gathered a number of honours, its well worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYsQSDFFWfg
    No ripping off? Just the original characters, the setting, the style . . . it's just a another variation on someone else's good idea, with an idea and story that's amusing to start with, but too unoriginal and boring to watch for 9 minutes.
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Thankyou for watching, thats all I require.

Cheers, Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    No ripping off? Just the original characters, the setting, the style . . . it's just a another variation on someone else's good idea, with an idea and story that's amusing to start with, but too unoriginal and boring to watch for 9 minutes.
    Ouch dude - Thats a little bit harsh! I know generally here on the forums we dont like the use of other peoples work or lack of original ideas but this is not the case here. He has done alot of original camera work here and while i agree the story is a little slow =- technically its rather good. Obviously it could be alot better but generally speaking its very impressive.

As to originality - i think this is quite original. Its a parody. Yes there have been several Thoms the Tank engine parodies out there this i thought was a very good idea.

Thanks,
    I have always enjoyed the detail in the Thomas Tank episodes, it was a major task trying to come anywhere close on such a small scale, yes its a parody and its my way of making people look again at the great story telling in the real series.

I notice many people make videos of their trains, I am hoping I can show just how real it can look with a few simple tips.

The train community on youtube have been very supportave and they indicated to me to persue some train forums.

Blog Entries

Loved it - it's a spoof so it cant be totally original can it?

Technically it looks fantastic, some really clever stuff in there, looks very pro (are you?). I think I even saw a hitchcock zoom in there.

I also liked the subversive story line and the video hook.

A really ambitious project that suceeds well where many (of mine) never get past the scribbled notes stage. I will forward this to friends for sure.

Stars given by me cos I just love it.

Mark W,

Wow, you noticed the hitchcock zoom, not many people would know that one, so this to me says you know your stuff, I am not a train buff, more a video buff and I was in a video club which for a short time was very good, this is back in the days of the Miro DC30 cards and when home computing was mainly Windows 95.
    The video was really aimed at that club, as the characters in the video were clubmembers, so in a way it was a very closed video.

When i made rolling stock I used a sony digital 8 camera usually always upside down to get down to eye level of the very small models I had, I had a little TV there upside down so I could see it live the right way up.

Rolling Stock was made just before 911, and I was going to re-edit all the footage and make it a story with a wider appeal, but sometimes once you do a edit its done.

My tip for putting anything of length on youtube is have a hook trailer at the start of the video, and beleive me I am no youtube expert.
    You asked am I a pro, well I will let the video do the talking, to answer that may be like saying that santa clause is not real.

Thanks for your interest, ..Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    Thankyou for watching, thats all I require.

Cheers, Leo.
    If you post here or anywhere, I guess people will make the comments that they want to. I certainly wouldn't deny the technical skill and hard work you've put into the video, which is very apparent and laudable. It's just the content . . .

I understand, at the time I made Rolling Stock I was in a Video Club in Sydney, believe me it was pointed out to me I had encroached onto the issue of visual copyright..
    I only make videos to show that with some careful work you can make a very pollished video, and this has been my main aim, I tend to steer towards quality rather than quantity.

The video has struck a nerve in the train followers, and I have had to explain many of their questions about how the video was made.

This led me to quickly produce a making of video about 'rolling stock' which begins to answer the videos production, luckily I had shot much behind the scenes footage when making the video.

I would like to invite you to watch this video please..

Leo.
    Last edited by rollingstock; 10-26-2008 at 11:37 PM.

Talking

Now come on, be honest fellas, I thought I was up myself, but, wow!

Or is this post-modern irony, Mark?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast