Thread: Need help in editing or triming in Adobe Premier elements 3.

Default Need help in editing or triming in Adobe Premier elements 3.

Hello everybody I am a new to the forum. I had purchased a adobe premier elements 3.0 and it looks like I am having problem with this. I have small video clips that I took using my Sony camera. I have tried to edit or trim some unwanted scene or clips but could not make it or do not know where to start. I have read the tutorial that comes with the software I have found out it is rather difficult to deal with. If I want to edit or trim clip I should use set marker IN and set marker OUT then nothing happen or do not where I go from there. Please help.

Respectfully, what you are basically missing is quality time with your user manual.

Video editing is NOT a hobby you will just pick up by starting up the software and playing with it.

You really need to spend time with the user manual.

You can either set in and out poijts on your clip after importing it. What you then have to do is add it to your timeline What you then get is the clip included in your comp from the IN point to the end point.

Alternatively, import your entire clip and add it to the timeline. Then just drag the start and end points inwards to where you want them.

dear sir thank you for your reply. when you say drag this to your time line. what do i have to drag. shall I drag unwanted clip or just drag the whole things.

Quote Originally Posted by alsayyed View Post
    dear sir thank you for your reply. when you say drag this to your time line. what do i have to drag. shall I drag unwanted clip or just drag the whole things.
    Respectfully. if you are having trouble understanding my answer and do not understand how to drag a clip from your project bin to your timeline then you really MUST find time to read you user manual. It explains all you are asking.