Thread: How do I put 600 images into a frame by frame sequence?

1. Question How do I put 600 images into a frame by frame sequence?

I have 600 jpegs of an animation that I need to convert to a movie clip, but when I drag them into the timeline it makes each one 5 seconds long, when they only represent one frame each. Is there any way to drop them on the timeline and make them one one frame long? Or is there a way to reduce the length of all of them once they are in the time line?

Blog Entries

OPtions - prefs - editing - then set new still image length to one frame - selcect all pics, drag to timeline - voila.

3. Default

Super. Thanks. Seems to create a one frame gap inbetween each 2 frames when I do this though. Can fix easy enough, although a bit of a pain.

Is there a way, once I've got them all in there, to create an envelope or subclip with all 600 image frames integrated as one so that I can fade up and out on the animation??

Try getting the trial of FLASH. I don't think vegas is the best way of doing this. In flash just click ctrl+R and select the first image, it should find a sequence of images. Then you can export the animation to avi, or mpg or whatever, you can bring that into vegas

5. Default

after adding multiple images what is the best way to add the same transition between them?

tks

Quote Originally Posted by stickyfeet View Post
    after adding multiple images what is the best way to add the same transition between them?

tks
    right click and copy the transition from the first one then select the next clip, use the "select to end" and then paste properties.

Also works for any pan & Scan or filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananadude View Post
    Is there a way, once I've got them all in there, to create an envelope or subclip with all 600 image frames integrated as one so that I can fade up and out on the animation??
    you could try rendering the section to a new track.

There is a fader track in Vegas but at present cannot remember how or where to activate it, check the help...

You could add that Vegas project into another project and it will look like a clip and can the be faded as normal.
    Last edited by Z Cheema; 02-15-2007 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananadude View Post
    I have 600 jpegs of an animation that I need to convert to a movie clip, but when I drag them into the timeline it makes each one 5 seconds long, when they only represent one frame each. Is there any way to drop them on the timeline and make them one one frame long? Or is there a way to reduce the length of all of them once they are in the time line?

Ok first do what mark said and adjust the length of the stills then render it up in avi and inserting the avi back into the timeline,if you need to adjust the speed anymore just use hold Ctrl & left mouse and drag.(there is a name 4 this tool)
    You dont have to worry your not gonna lose any qualitly.