Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How do I put 600 images into a frame by frame sequence?

  1. Question How do I put 600 images into a frame by frame sequence?

    I have 600 jpegs of an animation that I need to convert to a movie clip, but when I drag them into the timeline it makes each one 5 seconds long, when they only represent one frame each. Is there any way to drop them on the timeline and make them one one frame long? Or is there a way to reduce the length of all of them once they are in the time line?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    8,938
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    OPtions - prefs - editing - then set new still image length to one frame - selcect all pics, drag to timeline - voila.

  3. Default

    Super. Thanks. Seems to create a one frame gap inbetween each 2 frames when I do this though. Can fix easy enough, although a bit of a pain.

    Is there a way, once I've got them all in there, to create an envelope or subclip with all 600 image frames integrated as one so that I can fade up and out on the animation??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Try getting the trial of FLASH. I don't think vegas is the best way of doing this. In flash just click ctrl+R and select the first image, it should find a sequence of images. Then you can export the animation to avi, or mpg or whatever, you can bring that into vegas

  5. Default

    after adding multiple images what is the best way to add the same transition between them?

    tks

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stickyfeet View Post
    after adding multiple images what is the best way to add the same transition between them?

    tks
    right click and copy the transition from the first one then select the next clip, use the "select to end" and then paste properties.

    Also works for any pan & Scan or filters.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bananadude View Post
    Is there a way, once I've got them all in there, to create an envelope or subclip with all 600 image frames integrated as one so that I can fade up and out on the animation??
    you could try rendering the section to a new track.

    There is a fader track in Vegas but at present cannot remember how or where to activate it, check the help...

    You could add that Vegas project into another project and it will look like a clip and can the be faded as normal.
    Last edited by Z Cheema; 02-15-2007 at 10:04 AM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bananadude View Post
    I have 600 jpegs of an animation that I need to convert to a movie clip, but when I drag them into the timeline it makes each one 5 seconds long, when they only represent one frame each. Is there any way to drop them on the timeline and make them one one frame long? Or is there a way to reduce the length of all of them once they are in the time line?

    Ok first do what mark said and adjust the length of the stills then render it up in avi and inserting the avi back into the timeline,if you need to adjust the speed anymore just use hold Ctrl & left mouse and drag.(there is a name 4 this tool)
    You dont have to worry your not gonna lose any qualitly.

Similar Threads

  1. Frame rate help please
    By ici in forum Pinnacle Studio, Edition including Avid Xpress and Liquid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 06:32 PM
  2. Frame-by-frame editing
    By ThatGuyBenny in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 11:15 PM
  3. Frame By Frame
    By jetlaggedandroid in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 05:53 PM
  4. Frame Rates
    By steve4433 in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 01:06 AM
  5. FRAME DROPPING
    By Keironymus in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 09:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •