http://www.nelproductions.com/videos/angparty.html

watch it! lemme know what you think!
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

Default well this is what I think

First, this video will be worth its weight in gold in 20 years time, just wait it will become priceless.

Second, I need to be invited to these parties.

Third, well the way it was shot it was like I was there..

Great music..

Leo.

Why?

Really Why?

I am not trying to be rude at all, just very confused and concerned about what sort of content gets published and why?

Because I can? Because its there? Because I thought people might find it interesting? Because I want comments on my techiunque?

What is the point of making a video like this and showing the world? I understand it may mean alot to those people at the party, and to share with ones friends, but why put it out there? I did not understand the point of it. The camera work was poor, and the sound terrible, nothing original or creative.. I have seen so many clips like this, maybe this is the start and future of a new era of filmmaking. The YouTube revolution.

A Youtube video Dogma?

Can the original poster of the media please explain why I would be interested in this film?

Once agin not trying to be rude just understand why such videos are flooding the forums? And what entertainment value one gains from it?

Blog Entries

The short answer is 'yes' to every you say Bob. Yes there are a plethora of home videos on YouTube. Yes this a function of improved accessibility. And yes because people can.

I've touched on this as a subject before, but would like to think that this forum acts as an antidote to the YouTube phenominum by actively encouraging people tp improve and develop. Post a video here and expect critique from users.

I am however one of those chaps that posts his home videos

Blog Entries

Nice one sickface (after all that vodka).

Terrible party camera work but given your state and the vibe that is to be expected. Some nice editing too - if a tad long.

Hope that camera survived.

Tut - kids today - not a spliff in site - in my day we would have been racking up and burning witches.

BTW in my expirience women are quite happy to show thier assets to a man with a camera if asked - ask next time ! Hee.

Bobcarr, to answer your questions... i understand where you are coming from. To those at the party, the vid is the best ever in the world. Why publish it to the world? Well personally I do publish it here to get critique on the overall video along with my creativity and technique. My goal is to turn the amazing experience that all of us at the party had and make that excitement come to the viewer. That is my goal, make you feel like you were at the party. What can be done to do this? Well almost everything a film maker does for a film, I work as hard as a independent film maker does with creativity and technique to make it the best. The only difference is I am given plot and story and scenes rather than dreaming them up onto a script. That I believe, separates the me from being a film maker to being a video editor. If I get people who wished they were there and think the video was AMAZING and in reality the party wasn't THAT amazing... my job has been done. And yeah and the youtube revolution has begun lol.

P.S. its also a great way to get hot bitches all over my $%%$... they love this stuff =) Some guys are great dancers and get girls, some guys are comedians, Im the video man
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Sithxace View Post
    Some guys are great dancers and get girls, some guys are comedians, Im the video man
    That alone would stand up in any court of law me thinks! Rock on baby!

Thank you Sithxace for a thoughtful response. I guess the video of a party is just not my thing. Though i love documetaries even if the subject mater is elusive. I just watched "Battle of Tangiers" the other day really good for any event indie out there wanting to get into docos. Years ago when we were still shooting 3/4 inch I shot many weddings, parties and concerts for a local production company and I know how hard it is at times to keep everything (technique- focus, shake, light) in check . These days (after a slight soujourn into architecture) I am putting my efforts towards emerging as a scriptwriter, and at the moment am on the look out for filmmakers who might share and realise some of my visions- To forward on as a bundle for a spec.

I guess if i were to critique Camera work-very shaky, you have to work on that aspect especially with the terrible compression issues of YouTube. French cinematographers in the 1960's used to practice their handheld camera work by walking backwards- they would hold 16mm camera infront of them or bricks with a spirit level on it and walk backard sthrough the streets of Paris. Your Edits were ok, just a bit repetative. Some cutaways would have been handy, cutaways are a rest for the viewer and crucial for the event vidographer, offering a natural pause between the chaos, which sounds like it tones it down- it actually enforces the strength of your subject matter. This will be a very powerful device to learn.

"P.S. its also a great way to get hot bitches all over my $%%$... they love this stuff =) Some guys are great dancers and get girls, some guys are comedians, Im the video man"

By the way as one of 'bitches' I cease to find the camera operator anymore attractive! or is your "$%%$" code for the size of 'lens' when the aperature is wide open and you have a long focal length? Or is it just a shallow depth of feild complex. As Susan Sontag writes the lens is said to relfect the world, so a deal of voyeristic narscism comes into play- that mixed with some vodaka shots (or skulls from the bottle of binge drinking) as well. But as Andy Warhol said: "If ya got it, flaunt it!"

Good luck in the future.

Roberta