Thread: no audio in AVI export. premier 6.0

Default no audio in AVI export. premier 6.0

Hey,

I'm trying to export a clip from a project in Premier 6.0 but for some reason it refuses to export audio with the video. I just get a silent video.

In the export dialog, the audio is stated as 'disabled' and if I try and get into audio tab in the export settings everything is greyed out.. No matter what codec I try to use all audio settings are greyed out. Although if I go into the project settings then all the audio settings are there and can be changed.

Can't think of anything else to try.

The video I'm working with is an avi from a canon A70-IS digital camera, that's all I know, and I have downloaded a codec for it as I needed it to import the video into premier in the first place. It's the Morgan Multimedia M-JPEG2000 codec.

EDIT: I'm pretty new to video editing so please state any obvious answers which I most likely have missed.

Don't know why this should be but it would seem premiere has issues with the audio codec, this may get the job done, import the video clip into virtualdub(freeware) and then go to File, Save WAV and then import this file into premiere and sync with the video.

if there are any cuts to be done remember to link the audio and video files so they stay in sync.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

I followed each step but it still won't export the audio with the video. It seems to not even give me the option to with any settings greyed out.