Thread: Need to get Premiere Elements Installed!

Default Need to get Premiere Elements Installed!

Hello, I have a new, (actually about 4 years old but Windows XP and was seldom used) computer that has a decent 30 GB hd that I would like to do my video editing on. I use Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 for my editing.

The install disc is a DVD-ROM, and this older computer only has CD-ROM. Any ideas on how I can get it installed? And yes I have file transportation methods from computer to computer so that would not be a problem!

Thanks in advance,
    Drew

I have not got elements 3 but if you look on the disc there will be a something lika a setup.exe and premiere install folder and .cab file. these are all you need to get the program on the computer and would almost certainly fit on a CD Rom all the rest is extra addons like DVD menus and stuff.

To be honest your computer is somewhat lacking for video editing, without going in to other specs 30gb is fine for windows but you will certainly need a second HDD for video capture and storage (HDDs are really quite cheap now) and what are you going to do with the video when it is finished? A DVD writer will only cost between 20 - 30.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Well okay I got the file on the computer but when I tryed to install it, it told me that I needed to have some sort of different CPU or whatever. I'm not sure how I would go about upgrading that.

Here's my new question: If I were to copy the right installed files from my other computer into this one, what are the odds that the program would run? Also, what would I need to transfer over (as far as Common Files or Program Files folder)?

Thanks in advance,
    Drew

The latest versions of Premiere require the SSE3 extensions present in most modern CPUs.

Is this pc you are using now newer? maybe you could use this for video and the other for internet and stuff.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

I would say that the computer we have now is newer, because obviously it works with my editors. But the thing is, I am 15, and I live in a house full of people. That computer I've been using this whole time is the "Family" computer and I would like very much to get out of everyones hair with this other computer. But it's all good, I have a few substitute editors that may work. And if you think my 30GB hdd is bad, the "Family" computer I was using had about 3-4GB at any given time. Yeah, and I still suffered through it.

Default Need to get Premier Elements installed

I don't think you will be able to install PE3 on your older pc as you will need at least a Pentium 4 processor (the processor is the CPU). Many AMD processors will not run Elements 3 either.

Check what processor you have by going to Control Panel, choose Classic View, and click on System.

Hope this helps

Barbara